• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Some guys from the forum managed to visit Audio Video Show 2017 - Warsaw. Today still possible to hear our system, warmly welcome.

Hello Lazy Cat. I was there with a friend. The system was really sounded great! I hoop I spoke to you that I had a one of the early First- One amplifiers of yours? Now I begin to miss that amplifier. I hope that you enjoyed the show and have made some great business connections during the show.

Thanks for the presentation, and the Amplifiers ware plying really mature sound!

Hi. Thanks for visiting. Although not present in person, I was there in my thoughts. As always the whole system is involved in sound signature with all its components and I'm sure my college set all up as it should be. First One now is quite a different thing from what it was back then, that can I assure you. What do you consider under mature sound expression?

Hello Lazy Cat. I was there with a friend. The system was really sounded great! I hoop I spoke to you that I had a one of the early First- One amplifiers of yours? Now I begin to miss that amplifier. I hope that you enjoyed the show and have made some great business connections during the show.

Thanks for the presentation, and the Amplifiers ware plying really mature sound!

I heard some other opinions from 2 experienced friends who were there about the speakers.

Nerukas, maybe your experienced friends need speakers like MAAT.

My friend, i can not talk under their name, it would not be nice.
One of them is on this forum, so if he will want to share his opinion he will really do that.
We are here to tell the truth right? Not to pretend something right?
It was the same opinion from 2 absoluytely different persons who are in audio business for many years. One of them is over 25 years and has experience.
Speakers didnt sound right. And most probably you know that already from tech side what mistakes were done.

And when a speaker is not right, you can not simply judge on the amplifier. Because it would be wrong.

Well we all know the loudspeakers differ mostly among audio components, much more than other electronic components. When I joined the company, Model One speaker was locked long before, no changes were made afterwards, meaning its sound signature represent authors taste and understanding of music essence. Indeed it has a little darker character but it has other virtues we all like, they look gorgeous, seriously made and also are selling very well.

There's a big one in planning and at this one I will be there...

Well we all know the loudspeakers differ mostly among audio components, much more than other electronic components. When I joined the company, Model One speaker was locked long before, no changes were made afterwards, meaning its sound signature represent authors taste and understanding of music essence. Indeed it has a little darker character but it has other virtues we all like, they look gorgeous, seriously made and also are selling very well.

There's a big one in planning and at this one I will be there...

Dark sounding speakers with First One is a good combination I believe. In combination with 3 different speakers I had to modifie First One a bit.

After modifie we had the best soundstage in Copenhagen Hificlub ever. 40 years

Nice M or L inside?

FO L of course.

Dark sounding speakers with First One is a good combination I believe. In combination with 3 different speakers I had to modifie First One a bit.

After modifie we had the best soundstage in Copenhagen Hificlub ever. 40 years

Great news. Great tradition. :up:

Just for the info if anyone stil interested, six FO L available on stock. ;)

Preamp fitted for FO

Hi!!

I build my FO about 1 year ago, and I'm very much satisfied with it.
Double mono, 2 smps .....
I'm using a preamp with it (after my DAC and digital sources).
Unity gain is enough for my system.
Could you share good and bad or any other experience on this very issue?
Tanks
Jmk

Passive attenuator coupled to First One’s input is not the best way to amplify the signal. Good voltage unity gain buffer (impedance transformation circuit) in between is a recommended solution. Higher noise and THD levels are unwanted categories here so only the best buffers (transformers) are good enough to serve the job properly.

Thanks. Tha'ts been more or less my conclusions now, after trying 4 or 5 different preamps.
My favorite for the moment is Douglas Self's diy preamp from linear audio #5.
I'm wondering what precise preamps other FO users are pleased with. I don't want to go into tube line buffers of course......
Jmk

You could use B1 buffer from Pass. Very simple and transparent...meaning you still will be hearing the Pot...

I personally preferr TVC's (some preferr AVC= Tx wired as autotransformer) but since S&B are too expensive now, I decided on a Silk Audio Tx pre that is very, very good. They also can be configured as bal/unbal - in/out as you may know. Perfect match for the F.O.

Silk Audio 23 step supermalloy TVC

Some pictures during the building.

Cheers,
M.

Attachments

• TVC SILK B2.JPG
    TVC SILK B2.JPG
    419.2 KB · Views: 505
  • TVC SILK F.JPG
    TVC SILK F.JPG
    513.9 KB · Views: 496
  • TVC SILK2.JPG