• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

First One - mosFET amplifier module

Hi guys :wave2:

It has been awhile, holidays are over and new First One v1.4 finished.

Now listening tests will be performed between black and silver amps, since silver is a bit modified with different parts in CCS.

Outcome will bring the one with better SQ which will go into production. SQ tests are needed to ensure you'll all get what you've paid.

Silver amp below.

Regards, L.C. :cheers:

So, which one won on the SQ? Black or Silver?

Is the amp module V1.4 (just the amp board) with best SQ available for sale?

Black chassis First One v1.4 M is a clear winner (Beta+ version). At the moment just making corrections to the PCB before releasing it to serial production.

Completed and tested modules will be available, no separate empty PCB's or kits whatsoever.

The main purpose of the last two months fine tuning and listening testing was to provide the best possible sound quality for anyone who's willing to buy First One module.

L.C. :cheers:

First One 1.31

I've just finished upgrading the First One 1.2 to version 1.31
The extra 0.01 is for the replacement of the Nichicon with Silmics and MKP, NP0 :)
The Silmics should sound better, based on the reviews I've read.

The feedback caps of the First One 1.2 1.3 are very crucial, now I have 2x1000uf Silmics, original 10uf MKT, 1.5uF MKP, 0.1uf NP0

I just need to reconnect the cables before I can listen to the upgrade 1.31

Attachments

• IMG_0594s.jpg
    IMG_0594s.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0598s.jpg
    IMG_0598s.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 673
LC, can you send me the upgrading of the First one 1.2 to1.31?

My brother compaired the first one 1.2 with Linsely the hood Amp and they sound the same , the F.O. was much better in the bas and powerful , but both they have the same sweet sound.

And you can put me on the list for 2 first one 1.4 M

greeting Huib

I am enjoying my V1.3 very much!

I still have a pair of (very wounded) V1.2.

Please don't ask how... I don't want to remember my "moment" of total failure.. But I have to ask ....can this First One V1.2 be saved? or do I have to arrange some kind of ceremony?

R.

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 630
I am enjoying my V1.3 very much!

I still have a pair of (very wounded) V1.2.

Please don't ask how... I don't want to remember my "moment" of total failure.. But I have to ask ....can this First One V1.2 be saved? or do I have to arrange some kind of ceremony?

R.

That module can be repaired in no time, if I you have the SMD parts and values.

Good luck