first diy tqwt fullrange speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Jeff (vinylkid) can attest to this driver's performance in a slightly retuned version of this one:

I am sure that vinylkid58 (is that right Jeff?) can add specifically to this regarding the FX120 drivers in the "Fonken" enclosures

They're awesome.:D

No retuning, a completely independent design based on the p10 miniOnken principals.

While not entirely successful for the FE127, the larger Vb, vent area & volume is better suited to the FX120. Looking at your latest trapezoid designs, I may have to copy you again.:D

shifty

Chris, similar situations, and yes the MDF is most free.
Brute Force, that about sums it up - I’ve been doing a lot of things that make common sense, but couldn’t explain why to anyone.
Thanks for the insight; I’ll see about picking up a couple of sheets; now I need a project. I just ran through about 5 - 6 speaker projects in the last month.

hey shifty/vinyl/Geoff, maybe you wanna share the sketches for your version?

It's a little on the large size to post (830k pdf). How about an original pic complete with burn marks.:eek:

jeff

Attachments

• FE127e Mini-O.jpg
    FE127e Mini-O.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 250
not strange question at all - much of these forum posts deal with intangible subjective opinions -

- the first that come to mind would be the FE126E or FF125WK. I've heard both, and the former really wants a BLH enclosure, while the latter works very well in a moderate sized vented enclosure, perhaps something very much like the MLTL posted earlier - although dimensions would need to be revisited.

I'm not sure they still make the FE126E

Fostex FE126En 4" Full Range: Madisound Speaker Store

A fellow stopped into the studio today, he heard the red towers, he was like whatttttt…. I think he wants to see about a full range pair, but the $125 price tag would be too high.

The bass is nice; you may have noticed that I pushed the right side into the corner - tight. I did reconnect the BSC.

Also, the mock up pairs are gone ~ wheelie bin.

*For those who followed this DIY project the lower chambers are not being used, I’ll get back to that someday.

Thanks for your help guys.

Attachments

• Tall RED.JPG
    Tall RED.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 260
Nanook,

Here is a good example of the shallow rabbit cut; MDF cabinets, but they are lead lined. The shallow cut is nice for assembly; the dowels were also a good idea (not mine). No nails, etc.

The plans and speakers are the Zaph SR71 kit (no box).

Attachments

• P1040228.JPG
    P1040228.JPG
    681.2 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.