Firefox marked the forum as an "Attack site" [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, last time I got a big red Avast! "malicious web site blocked" warning.

This needs fixing ASAP!

Try removing the banner ads and see if that fixes it.

My web site had Google banner ads until about 6 months ago, when my browser was hijacked, meant I couldn't even open my own web pages! Instead I kept being redirected to another site!!!) It was a banner ad doing it. It changes the browsers settings. Pop-ups and other weird things as others have already mentioned sound very like same sort of thing. I had to delete all cookies and reset my browser (means like going back to first install) to get rid of it all. This is potentially serious for anyone who visits this site. Sort it out pronto.

Yeah, I've suspected the problem is in some of the ads for a while now. Back before the whole block, I'd get popup warnings from Avast. The warnings didn't pop up on all the pages, and on pages where it did come up, it didn't come up consistently on that page. So I suspected the problem was with some of the ads.

se

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Status remains resolved with Google, and has been since I posted.

If anyone gets a warning page, please let me know what browser you are using, what version of it (usually in the help/about menu), and what operating system and version of that you are using. Then if you could kindly screenshot the details / specifics page which shows the exact details of the warning, and post it here, that would be great.

Last edited:
Okay,here are a couple screen shots of what I'm seeing.
I come to the page and the first thing I see is this:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/Nothing40/diya1.png

If I click on the "Why was this page blocked?" button,I get this
(posted before,in plain text):
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa154/Nothing40/diya2.png

It doesn't seem to do it every time.
If I navigate away from this site,and browse another one,When I come back,it may or may not show the error.
If I close the browser,and wait a while..and re-open the browser,and navigate to this site,it may or may not show the error.

If I log out of this site,I don't seem to get the error message at all. But when I go to log in,or am already logged in,it may or may not appear.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.