Firefox marked the forum as an "Attack site" [RESOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we have a policy of not editing anyone's posts, ever, I was only left with deletion as an option.
If you (right click) "copy image location" and then paste that into the forum's image upload box. . . that process uploads a copy of an external image as a new attachment. And, then the external link can be deleted (or re-directed to the uploaded attachment). This "edit" doesn't significantly change the content of the post, only the storage location of the image.

Likewise if there's an "offending" link, it is possible to change the url tags to code tags. The link is still available as plain text, but not live (web browser processes this as plain text). This "edit" doesn't significantly change the content of the post but merely makes it slightly less convenient to follow the link.

So, there's a couple of ways to remove the software technical problems without either deleting or changing the meaning of a post.

Yes - guys, please don't post links (especially live links) to malware sites - it could result in us getting flagged as having dodgy links again in browsers and black listed with email servers. The post containing the live links has been deleted (yes, they were being routed via Google's system but still as you can see - they are triggering warnings in people's email clients). If you are going to post a link, ensure it's plain text and broken up somehow so it won't flag any filters.

Last edited by Jason; Today at 05:40 PM. Reason: Obfuscated domain names just to be safe

Good idea,My bad! :rolleyes:

I just got a warning yet again,but I ignored it. It doesn't seem to happen every time? (Using FF 17.0.1, Win7) And,other than the warnings,everything appears to be fine. (No infections,etc. on my PC or anything,as far as I can tell. I'm off to do more various scans/checks now.)

My earlier post was followed by an attempted session on a Photoshop project. My Mac totally froze and had to be rebooted several times. I turned my modem off, shut down and went to bed.

This morning the warning on this site had reappeared and this is my fourth attempt to post this ... each other attempt took me to a blank screen and when I re-entered the site my posts had not appeared.

What gave me cause for concern was that the post to which I earlier drew attention to was the start point of my problems. That poster - having taken-up membership here during this month - naturally became to me a suspect. I know that this is very unlikely and I apologise in advance for even suggesting this.......but one never really knows as we are largely anonymous beings on such sites known only by a web name and address.

Same here, last time I got a big red Avast! "malicious web site blocked" warning.

This needs fixing ASAP!

Try removing the banner ads and see if that fixes it.

My web site had Google banner ads until about 6 months ago, when my browser was hijacked, meant I couldn't even open my own web pages! Instead I kept being redirected to another site!!!) It was a banner ad doing it. It changes the browsers settings. Pop-ups and other weird things as others have already mentioned sound very like same sort of thing. I had to delete all cookies and reset my browser (means like going back to first install) to get rid of it all. This is potentially serious for anyone who visits this site. Sort it out pronto.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.