Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Thanks but I have a good option...for the switch...

Peter thanks for your advice on the clock grounding...I think that loosing my lock ever so often with the Genesis Digital Lens
(once every couple of tracks) for a few seconds might be due to the fact that I picked up ground at my 8Volt regulator....any suggestions for that problem....I was not sure how exactly you mounted the tent...being a different clock ....

I will try your suggestions maybe it gives me a more stable mariage with the Lens (which can be quite finnecky)....

Good to hear that the Trichord is bringing something for more people...I hope the Kwak clock also delivers because it is always a gamble if it sounds really better........
:dice: :dice: :dice:

Back to pick your brains, im going to try and breadboard the psu for this cd transport, its pretty essential i think that if im going to progress anywhere in this hobby breadboarding is a must and ill be able to experiment a lot more, i also think it will reassure me i know the schismatics if i know i can breadboard them up.

IT may be spot on and i just need reasuring from a more experienced mind or i may be horribly wrong and are saving my self from certain doom but if i were to point tp point the psu is this correct?
psu1-1.jpg

Basic stuff i know but better safe than sorry!

i dont actually posses the trany yet, im buying that the week coming but yes that would go to the center tap, to be honest im unsure about trany types as well so im still looking into that the only trany ive used had dual secondarys and 4 wires coming from the trany, ac1,ac1 and ac2,ac2 though im making an educated gues that both lives go to 12v and the earth goes to the 0 line. im unsure about 3 wire tranys though i have seen people using some with 2 wires joined, any info on this? and does the pic look correct aslong as all wires go to correct points on the trany?

EDIT layout of the pic and the lines was more to do with keeping it less jumbled though i did realise why the origanel had the wires laid out 12 ground 12 instead of 12 12 ground like me