Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

I bought a JVC Model RC-EZ51H when this incredible (nearly 800 pages) thread started over eight years ago, sadly my eyesight is not so good now, but I would still like to have a Shigaclone transport hooked up to my Beresford TC7510 DAC

could anyone in Europe pm me if they can help in any way
best regards
Peter

Well, I am building one for a friend... maybe I could build another one on the side... but that would of course mean sending the RC-EZ51H parts to Finland - and shipping back the transport... I quess it could be doable if you what.

But also - would anyone have some MSR860 (4pcs) to sell?

One time offer !

On 1st December, I'll offer 20 units Shiga MKII main unit at 99euro each. All units ready mounted. This include main board, power supply board, all cables, display and control board.
Along this, 20 not modded cd mechanics SFP101N-16P will be available too, at 15 euro each.

Price do not include shipping and VAT - EU.
All units will be from stock and available via webshop.
Maybe the last ones.

Shiga MKII was highly discussed on this topic and is an improved version of Shigaclone. It is performing far better in all aspects.

Regards,
Tibi

Last edited by a moderator:
Tibi, can I just check with you, the Shika MKII main unit and SFP101N-16P bought both together does not need any parts from the JVC boom box anymore ( so I could keep my JVC RC-EZ51H and carry on using it outdoors )

all the best
Peter

Beside Shika MKII main unit and SFP101N-16P, you will need a transformer and a CD puck.

With JVC RC-EZ51H you'll not get a Shigaclone. JVC RC-EZ51H make use of LC78690 instead of LC78601 and LA9242.

To get a Shigaclone you need these two chips. For DSP LC78601 and for ASP LA9242.
What make Shigaclone to sound so good are these two chips: LC78601 and LA9242. I have tested several LC786XX successors and none is even closer to LC78601.

Regards,
Tibi

PS: You may download JVC RC-EZ51H schematic from here http://elektrotanya.com/?q=keres

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tibi

How difficult would it be to convert the main board (on sale) to the level 1 board as described here:
vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII high grade

Thanks

One time offer !

On 1st December, I'll offer 20 units Shiga MKII main unit at 99euro each. All units ready mounted. This include main board, power supply board, all cables, display and control board.
Along this, 20 not modded cd mechanics SFP101N-16P will be available too, at 15 euro each.

Maybe the last ones.

Shiga MKII was highly discussed on this topic and is an improved version of Shigaclone. It is performing far better in all aspects.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi

How difficult would it be to convert the main board (on sale) to the level 1 board as described here:
vicol audio : Shigaclone mkII high grade

Thanks

High grade units have all parts vertically mounted. Standard units not.
You can upgrade standard unit to improve performance by adding regulators and other parts.

Follow this thread to see few great Shiga MKII projects.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digi...ii-black-builders-thread-140.html#post4703238

Regards,
Tibi

You can order MSR860 from Mouser. The image of the diode seen on the homepage is wrong.

Well, I am building one for a friend... maybe I could build another one on the side... but that would of course mean sending the RC-EZ51H parts to Finland - and shipping back the transport... I quess it could be doable if you what.

But also - would anyone have some MSR860 (4pcs) to sell?

Hmm.. I made a new version of the Shigaclone as my first one stopped working.

It's about ready now and I tried it... Works just fine, just one little detail... no music(!)

This is the way the resisters should go? - right?
That else could be wrong?

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 558
One time offer !

Maybe the last ones.

Regards,
Tibi

Hi Tibi.
Do we need to sign up for this offer or I just need to visit your e-store on 1st of December and buy?

I got several requests from people around the world about availability of Shiga MKII and exact hour when this will be available on the webshop.

To be fair with all interested people, I decided to keep open 24h and not limit the orders to 20 units.
Anyone who order on 1st Dec starting with 10:00CET till next day 2nd Dec 10:00CET will get a Shiga MKII at discounted price.
First 20 orders will be shipped from stock, while 20 + orders will be shipped in one week or two.

Regards,
Tibi