Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Kooka said:

Magura, do you have the chance to post a picture where I can see the connections ot the outboard clock, please? Thanks in advance :)

At your service :)

Attachments

• dsc01472.jpg
    dsc01472.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,410
My humble transport

My thanks go out to Peter for inspiring me to build this transport.I never would have been able to afford to buy a commercial transport of this caliber.This unit paired with an Aya 2 dac is a match made in heaven.Organic sounding is the word that comes to mind while listening to this combo.Ican now listen to digital all day without fatigue.Hats of to all of you for sharing your knowledge.

Attachments

• dsc_5237.jpg
    dsc_5237.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,249
Hi guys,
My version is sloooowly beginning to take shape and it definitely looks weird, I decided to use a piece of slate that was left from my turntable and it has a very strange shape for a transport :) But I will need a few more weeks before I can post any pictures, I can only say that it sounds magnificent to me already!
In the mean time I was wondering - does anyone have a spare remote to sell? I am so silly that I forgot I needed it and now it is too late...

Hi Fran,

I thought about it but couldn't find a suitable universal remote, can you please advise on what worked for you (model or brand or type of code or anything), it seems that no one here knows that JVC is making audio remotes and all the universal ones I found work with "anything but JVC" :( Thanks ...

Lettering on front plate

Hello Fran:
I used rub on lettering I bought at an office supply store.I sand the aluminum with 150 grit followed by 220 with my orbital sander.The plate is then cleaned with rubbing alcohol and the letters rubbed on.I then spray the whole face plate with lacqer to protect the letters.The mechanism is supported on two brass bolts bolted to 20mm thick aluminum bar stock.Notice the white plastic block on the front of the laser frame.I used Eric's idea and tied fishing line to the sled,passed it through a hole in the plastic block and let it hang on a brass fishing weight.This modification took the slack out of the geartrain and things sound clearer and more focused.

Attachments

• rub on lettering(0001).jpg
    rub on lettering(0001).jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,364