Finally, an affordable CD Transport: the Shigaclone story

Here come the transport with the modded zero dac.

P1060516.jpg

P1060514.jpg

also my diy shigaraki transport.

P1060520.jpg

aes out

DaveM

AES out is easy. I have been using it for several months- sounds great. On my setup I made a very small board and wired, as per attachment. I used a Newava S22083 transformer from digikey, about $9, or you can probably use a Pulse transformer from mouser # 673-PE-65612, it used to be about $4 although the inductance is higher. After a few tests I ended up with a 47R resistor. I tied the ground on the Neutrik connector to chassis ground. I had some Belden AES 110R cable (2meters), and did not use a transformer on the input to my monica DAC. On the monica side, I just followed the datasheet for the CS8414- AES receiver hookup. One final thing check the voltage on the output to make sure it is not too high for your the DAC. I seem to recall that AES/EBU is about 10V max, but don't quote me.

JimS

Hi
I remove all parts. Before I did it I practice on old modem card. No need two iron, warm solder place and gentle push up and another side only warm and remove SMD parts. I didnt cut trace and dont need jumper 5A-5B.
Only to find a couple parts.
I made some drawing for box.
I saw two type of mounting with TWO screw. What is better : diagonal or on the motor side???
Any part number for pushbutton switch for command????
Thanks
Duka