• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FH9HVX - Budget Conscious 100w Class AB for Lean Times

Hi,.
Yes to the pPI/HiFiBerry running Spotify Connect. It's better than Bluetooth as multiple people can connect, and isn't locked to one family members device... I have a super capacitor and voltage sensing to enable safe shutdown on amp power off. Also there is a cam and microswitch on the input selector to only power the Pi when it's input is selected.
Nik

Reactions: 1 user
Friends,
today pcb's for FH9HVX & All Cee's finally arrived, they are still in the post, and I will go and get them this afternoon! Today I'd like to fit a big spool, which will definitely make me sweat.

I want to ask about the trimmer on the BIAS setup, I'm not sure ...before setting this trimmer to center (500R)?

Now I've made the layout the way I want it, and it's going to be to millimeters so I can fit the toroidal transformers (2x 500W) side by side standing up. It will be in a 4U box 300mm long. Tomorrow I will drill the holes for the FH9HVX board and cut the threads. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230623_183330.jpg
    IMG_20230623_183330.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: 1 user
Friends, a little progress, ...
On Friday I managed to complete FH9HVX as well as All Cee's (Vishay BC, Audio Note, Mundorf & 4x12.000uF CDE) I managed to mount the FH9HVX on the heat sink over the weekend.

Next I played around with the layout in the box, the best solution I came up with was this: toroidal transformers facing each other and the softstart pcb will be placed on an extra subpanel in front of the transformers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: 1 users
Friends, I have 1channel ready, I wanted to start setting up the bias, but my power supply is not working. I used faston jumpers (CC) and found a board fault in the negative power supply. The negative power supply did not work for me, ...

Attachments

• dc-.jpg
    dc-.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 52
  • dc+.jpg
    dc+.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 53
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Friends, I have 1channel ready, I wanted to start setting up the bias, but my power supply is not working. I used faston jumpers (CC) and found a board fault in the negative power supply. The negative power supply did not work for me, ...

Hi HRDSTL,
Sorry about that - that’s a known error of an orphaned pad. Please connect with solder bridge. Scrape away solder mask around the orphaned pads and apply solder to bridge.

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/all-cees-psu-for-class-ab-amp.358478/post-6476101