FET-hex explendit amplifier

Idefixes
That is really impressive work.
For next 2 weeks I am away for holidays so I have restricted internet acces but I am looking forward to see the complete result.

It will take a little more time, i am always waiting Sanken and VAS devices. BG1_bjt will run on the +/-36V test chassis (sheet of wood with complete power supply, soft-start, DC-speaker protection). I just have to swap heatsink who has amp-board on and to connect supply to make it running. I will take few picture tomorrow.

Final building wil integrate PMI capacitance multiplier and monobloc configuration.

Marc

Last edited:
Just 2 crapy test chassis pictures. I have to build the second...

Attachments

• P1050026.JPG
    P1050026.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,520
  • P1050027.JPG
    P1050027.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,468
hehe Harry, they never stopped to surprise us :hbeat:

Yes artistic experimental work, that's what I like the most in our DIY activities
. :smash:

P.S. How's your VSSA standing? :magnify:

That's for me the better "engine" for diy....If i say you that i have no more fun in getting together your VSSA module....all work is done....For sure do the expect result i'll do it...but for sure too if result is as magic as i read....i will build my diy single layer ALF16NP05 layout...It's waiting frendly in my computer for printer outpout.....and waiting Farnell availability....

Marc

Last edited:
If you are going to use caps next to the o/p transistors put them as close as possible to o/p devices anyway (example bellow).
For one pair of hexfets I didnt used any source resistors ( i know that the are recommended) and results were perfect.
I have measured DF of latfet version and at 8R 100Hz it was 735 so I think is very good.
After I come back from my holidays I will try to mesure BJT and FET-hex version too

Attachments

• montaz.png
    montaz.png
    345.3 KB · Views: 825
Yesterday night i populate second board. I still waiting for driver and Sanken output. I just take a look at my stock in case they take more time to than i expected. I have some 2sc4793/2sa1837 from other project, MJL4281/4302, NJW3281/1302, and MJL3281/1302... to begin with...

Marc

MJL4281/4302 one of the best ON Semi BJT, I used those and other MJL or MJW but these are my favorite.:)
It would be good to know how will measure up with the Sankens.
Greetings G

MJL4281/4302 one of the best ON Semi BJT, I used those and other MJL or MJW but these are my favorite.:)
It would be good to know how will measure up with the Sankens.
Greetings G

I have five each...If sanken take too long time maybe will i try with these since i have no projet on them.

Marc

Attachments

• P1050039.JPG
    P1050039.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,148
  • P1050037.JPG
    P1050037.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited: