FET-hex explendit amplifier

Thank you Borys. There's only available 9240 from a reliable distributor (no 9140). I'm going to replace the amp section of a powered sub with this one, parts are easily available (no counterfeits). Sub is 100W rated and rails are +/- 40V. It´s more convenient to use bootstrap version (is BG1 bootstrapped)? It´s safer to use MJE´s instead BDs as I intend or there is no benefit?

I'm thinking of using the ALFET (SEMELAB) ALF16N16W and equivalent PNP in my watercooled amplifier. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...ooled-hexfet-power-amplifier.html#post3867732

The ALF16N16W needs 1.5V bias to turn on I believe. Would this circuit be suitable for the ALF16N16W, would the BD140 be capable of driving it? I suspect Q11 may not be the best for controlling the bias as it wont match the ALF16N16W when temperature rises.

Cheers
Dom

Q10 is upside down.Pchannel lateral mosFET.
Why an irf540 for Q11?
Why no drivers between the dual VAS stage and the outputs?
1.5Vgs to turn on the outputs. Did you read the datasheet?

The bd139/140 should not blow up with +-38Vdc supplies.

I have not looked at your input stage.

Upside down? Can you elaborate?
I only have two ALF16N16W and two ALF16P16W so don't have any spare for the bias.
The last circuit using the IRF9540/540 didn't require drivers. Would you suggest using drivers for larger output MOSFETS?
Yes. See below.

That's a pic of the Nchannel Lateral mosFET
Download the Pchannel complement.

You are using the BD VAS to drive the mosFET outputs.
The SOA @ 25°C limits it's maximum current to <200mA @ 38Vce. 7.6W @ Tc=25°C
That should be plenty reserve to drive the FET capacitance if you allow the VAS to run warm rather than hot.

The 540 is a voltage regulator.
It takes no part in driving the mosFET capacitance.

Last edited:
difficult to find complementary mosfet in indonesia pak Thole?me too

please see my schematic, can someone run simulation for me?

I use models from Bob Cordell except BC546B, BC556B, and IRF510.
I set mosfet quiscent current about 180mA.

Result:
Phase Margin = 87
Gain Margin = 24
Slew rate = 196 V/uS

THD see attachment, it seem too high.

Attachments

• cfa-quasy.jpg
    cfa-quasy.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 957