FET amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
russel_h said:
Hi,

Not quite sure what you mean, I used the balance equation in Hawksfords paper to get a set of resistor values that were close to preferred values. Once you have done that then you should not need to change them.

regards

Sorry for my poor English:bawling: .

OK.You just answer my question;) .Thanks again.

good luck

X.G.

>Whats the voltage of this design? I think that error correction makes >the amp not so efficient in using Vrails, because the error correction >itself needs some voltages to consume. The voltage losses is big.

OK if you are on a limited budget for mass market products its not a technique to use, but its not that large compared the Vgs needed to get a FET to pass a large current. You could run the error correcting circuit off higher voltage rails if you think its a problem. I think its worth sacrificing a few watts for the increase in sound quality EC brings. The supply voltage I use is about +/- 50 volts.

Hi, Russel,
For ordinary power amp, we can easily arrange 2PS to overcome drops like Upupa Epops said. But there is a serious problem if we try to use 2 PS for error correction type amp. Assume we use +/-70V for front side while the output stages are +/-50V. Both PS have to turn on and off at exactly the same time. If not, while the output is tied to speaker, the drivers around the VBE multiplier/VAS will be burned, because the final stage acting as Diode connected to the speaker.
Since EC have better efficiency with 2 PS, I still dont know how to arrange these 2 PS safely. Do you have an idea how to use EC with 2 PS?

Since EC have better efficiency with 2 PS, I still dont know how to arrange these 2 PS safely. Do you have an idea how to use EC with 2 PS?

Try using an arrangement as in the diagram, if you add T1 as shown both FET and driver aill have there own current limits. Obviously the lower half needs a PNP transistor in its appropriate postion. If you need more current make up the 56 ohms with two resistors, the bottom one setting the current limit.

Attachments

• currentlimit.jpg
    currentlimit.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 192
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.