female musicians-

I have at the face of danger, HAHAHA

who says girls can't play :D
I be rippin' on this guitar. I just recently bought this one. It's a ROL-971 electric guitar from Rollins Guitar

The truth was that the purchase for the price and color, but it sounds good. Maintains pitch and fret board is very comfortable. Check it out and let me know your opinion

Attachments

• ROL971.jpg
    ROL971.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 181
Thanks for that interesting link.
I discovered Eva's music by random chance on a trip to Boarder's Books & Music almost 15 years ago in the late nineties. "Songbird" was in one of the listening stations. I was blown away. A few weeks later, during a meeting, I introduced her to the members of the New Jersey Audio Society with "Live At Blues Alley" which is a sonically, and musically, great live recording. They all loved her. Fifteen years later I still ocasionally put on one of her discs, just not as often as I once did. I have them all. Long live Eva!

Last edited:
Nicky Mehta of the Wailin Jennys doing one of their songs solo.. She also has her own disc from a way back called "Weather Vane" that's also a good listen..

Classic girl and guitar :cool:

Nicky Mehta performing her song 'Arlington' at Santa Cruz Guitar Company's 35th Anniversary Concert - YouTube

speaking of the Jennys - Heather Masse

Heather Masse

great chops on the stand-up bass and for my money a wider range than Nicky and Ruth, and truly adds more deeper texture to their already stunning harmony - I've seem them live now 3 times, (once with Cara and twice with Heather), and they just keep getting better

edit:

another big thumbs up for Eva - that girl could sing the phone book

if your eyes are too dry, try "Danny Boy", "Over the Rainbow", or "Fields of Gold"

Last edited:
Quote: "I've seem them live now 3 times, (once with Cara and twice with Heather), and they just keep getting better"

Actually it was Annabelle Chvostek who was with them that time in Victoria when we were all there.. She recorded Firecraker with them, and was with them before that even.. I think Cara left the trio 2004 ish?

SWALLOW -- Annabelle Chvostek at Eaglewood - YouTube

you're right - have you caught them recently with fiddler / mandolinist Jeremy? Actually he wasn't available for the last Victoria gig - so was replaced by some young guy (embarrassed to not remember his name correctly either). Almost a bit of "Devil came down to Georgia" solo battling / dialog going on there - a great new layer of dynamic to the show.

No I haven't seen them since that one time in Vic, but would love to catch a show again.. Sounds like he's a good addition with the gals, and I'll keep an eye out for the next time they come this way :) Didn't see any tour plans as yet on their website for 2012, but noticed they were in Halifax in 2011.. Hopefully they put Moncton on their list and decide to play a few shows around these parts?