fe167e dustcap fase plug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks dave,

that makes indeed very much sense, 10% water,
otherwise it would be just like poring a glass of water over it.

if you say that you should leave at least 6 hours between 2 second layer. does that also mean that the driver cannot work in between these paintings ?

i have red somewhere that after 30 minuten you can play the driver again.

(i know it is maybe a silly question willing to play it so fast after the 1 or 2 paintjob, but i wanna be clear in my tutorial :smash:

It might be because my jar has set a while but even as thin as I've used it, brush strokes are evident by coat number 3.

Because this varies from product to product, some test strips to see how the final will look may be a needed part of the work flow.

I've thought of using a tiny sponge like is found in women's makup kits
but that would be another adventure. However the craft stores may have such a thing for a specific craft. I can't imagine that brush strokes are a good thing.

then_dude said:
well indeed, i have found a tool kit for mod podge in a hobby store, and it has a sponge in it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

i have thought about it to;

an airgun might solve the problem, but if you use strokes i think radial pattern is the way to go, you want the cone to move as a piston , so the radial lanes help with that

I have some of these sponges (as shown) in a pack of cheap brushes.
What I'd be looking for is something that's tiny-- perhaps used in fine stencil work.

Speaking of stencils, I am curious to see what Dave submits for the Enabl thread on making the trifoil pattern for FE127e. This continues to vex me.

hello loninappleton

did you already hear something from ed ?
i'm still waiting on his reply for the kit.

thanks

@planet 10.
i'm thinking about adding a tweeter to my fe167e; although i haven't put in a phase plug which might make a big change, i wonder what you think about adding an extra help on the highs ? and what about phase difference and coherence. do you have good results on some setups ?

thanks

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
then_dude said:
i'm thinking about adding a tweeter to my fe167e; although i haven't put in a phase plug which might make a big change, i wonder what you think about adding an extra help on the highs ? and what about phase difference and coherence. do you have good results on some setups ?

Only you'll be able to figure that out. I can live with or without. At the frequencies you are crossing, the ear, fortunately, is fairly insensitive.

dave

hello guys,

you never gonna believe, no mod podge in my country,

can anyone tell me what is in the mode podge ?

a decent chemist told me that it is polyutherane (at least that' s what i think he told me). He showed me a white glue. he says that is a sort of woodglue that is used for the napkins technique,

can anyone help me out, otherwise i have to ship this in at ridiculous shipping costs.

thanks

hello guys,

you never gonna believe, no mod podge in my country,

can anyone tell me what is in the mode podge ?

a decent chemist told me that it is polyutherane (at least that' s what i think he told me). He showed me a white glue. he says that is a sort of woodglue that is used for the napkins technique,

can anyone help me out, otherwise i have to ship this in at ridiculous shipping costs.

thanks

You better hope he didn't say polyurethane, or he's not much of a chemist. It's PVA, you can use diluted white general purpose/wood glue in place of modge podge. Modge Podge is just preferred for its consistency.

it was indeed pva he was saying.

so i can go out and buy a bottle of pva glue ? the consistency, well i'm gonna use it once, a small amount for the drivers, dilute it with 10% water; and that's it.

are you saying consistency ; between the different bottles of mod podge, or the glue inside one bottle of mod podge ?

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.