F6 Illustrated Build Guide

Joined 2001
Paid Member
I bought matched pairs from Teabag several years ago. If I remember correctly the SS parts have about half the distortion of the regular IRF parts. Allows more headroom for 2nd/3rd harmonic distortion profile adjustment preference. (I'm using the store boards with 0 ohms at R1, and .04 ohms at R2, cut trace from negative side of C2 and reconnected to -23V). And really nice that this thing is completely stable with very low/no source resistors. Really pleased with this configuration right now.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
I have F6 R100 Jfet and finishing F6 mosfets soon. Won't be direct comparison because the R100 version is dual mono and the F6 mosfets version is not. Still should be interesting to hear none the less.

Attachments

• F6M_00.jpg
    F6M_00.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 706
  • F6M_01.jpg
    F6M_01.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 703
  • F6M_02.jpg
    F6M_02.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 703
  • F6M_03.jpg
    F6M_03.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 655
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Russell do you use your store's chassis without the bottom panel? I've been thinking of doing so because all the necessary stuff attaches to the metal bottom plate and this way maximize airflow.

Now that I have it on, I can tell you that BA-3 in 5U with 32 volt rails and 3 pairs per side, WITH the bottom cover on and a cat sleeping on top, temps are fine.:D

Also, F-6 in 4U is fine temp wise with bottom cover attached...WITH or without the Cat on top.

Russellc

Last edited:
Joined 2000
Paid Member
The R100 jfet version is tunable by variable resistors. The MOSFET version is fixed. Used the values in the schematic.
I'm interested to hear what others are hearing in the MOSFET version and how it compares the the values I chose in the jfet version.

Last edited:
The R100 jfet version is tunable by variable resistors. The MOSFET version is fixed. Used the values in the schematic.
I'm interested to hear what others are hearing in the MOSFET version and how it compares the the values I chose in the jfet version.

Both versions are variable, you just need to make a slight modification to the mosfet circuit.
Otherwise it's not a fair comparison. It will end up being a circuit comparison not a device comparison. Potentially misleading result.