F6 Amplifier

Nicely assembled . nice workmanship
Immediate impression is the Helluvalot of additional Complexity tho.
Imo it seemingly goes against the KISS basis of the design.
As pointless digression;
there are 'other' solutions to a too short Heatsink, beyond sawing off bits of the PCB...
remembering that Only the irfp240's needs be on the sink ;)

F6 different transformers

Hello Passlab's people :p

I am thinking of making a new poweramp. reusing my old chassis, capable of dissipating around 200w (AlephJ/F5 etc...)

So i swapped some drivers with some transformers, which i would have been using for the shade enabled poweramp.

I can see, that those transformers are much like the original Jensen F6 transformers, and my quistion is, if i can use them for the F6 ?

I hope somebody a little more experianced into transformers than me, would take a look at the attached two .pdf?'

Jesper.

Attachments

• Reichenbach_RE-123-ELCF_output_xfmr.pdf
    344.5 KB · Views: 116
  • jt-123-flpch.pdf
    328.1 KB · Views: 102
  • F6_DIY_SCH.gif
    F6_DIY_SCH.gif
    194.1 KB · Views: 464
I'am lucky enough? :D
Directly from Linear Systems.
LSJ74A x 24 and LSK170A x 24

That's for replacement in my F6 amplifer.
Question: do i need to match them or i can use grade A with grade B, or better A with A without doubt?

6LNYeOQ.jpg

This is from build thread
Q2 2SK170BL or LSK170B
Q3 2SJ74BL or LSJ74B
(This circuit will benefit from the input Jfets having a similar Idss, but don’t obsess about getting matches down to 3 decimal points — within 10% is more than good enough.)

If they need to be within 2,5 - 6,5mA range (LSK170A) or more i dont know through?

Jesper.

lykkedk
As i understand transistors have A,B,C,D grades with different idss in each grade and where A is lowest noise with idss 2,5 - 6,5 mA, so as i understand (i can be wrong maybe) you need to get one grade and match them to difference of each other not more than 10%. that 2,5 * 0,10 = 0,25 mA. I'am right?