F6 Amplifier

Hi!
ZM said the 2SK170 and 2SJ74 should have an Idss of 8mA.
I have two pair of the GR-types here, which have an Idss of 4,70/4,80mA. Will they work in this circuit?
What do I have to change in the circuit to make it work?
What are the disadvantages when using GR-types? Do you recommend to get some BL types?

I'm sorry, if it is a stupid question, but i'm quite new to electronic circuits..

Thanks a lot!
Stefan

Joined 2009
Paid Member
o-k. two channels are running with two Jensens ( I still have to determine the polarities with the ISKRA)......

.....the low level clarity ist very good, I think this amp excels in clarity and articulation. With two channels running, it is easier to see the characteristic of the F6.
For me it is not an amp that increases anything like stage, colors and so on, may be it sounds a bit dry and anti alcoholic ........ but hear yourself, it is for me a new category of sound First Watt amps produce! :)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
naah

just another Papamp

you greedy boyz will anyway praise next one as best thing after bread

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 656
True. They all have a certain character. That is what is amazing to me. I have heard 5 different amps on the same speakers and they are all different. I got to pick one eventually. I was hoping for SiT. but it doesnt look like that is happening now that SS went belly up. I think that leaves one of current SS variations. 4 to choose from, if you dont go SUSY. SS SOX might be interesting for HE crowd. WOnder if there is a way to add FE symmetry to F6.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Do it, it is one of the easiest PTP I made, only thing is to check twice the polarity of the windings to be correct.

@ ZM ISKRA adventure continues tomorrow, my wife has a cold and I have to do the household and some more....:D

moi hope that Frau is better , by now

anyway , lookielookie .......

red dots on photo are positive end of windungs

Attachments

• F6 SCH V4 for Generg with Iskra TL-1M.jpg
    F6 SCH V4 for Generg with Iskra TL-1M.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 567
  • generg TL-1M phasing.jpg
    generg TL-1M phasing.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 551