• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope. Plenty of headroom. The psu board wil be ready soon to ahi. First batch got the etch ant wrong. Have been waiting on pcb's to arrive for etching for about 3 weeks. Has to order hoody things from GB, as they were the only ones who had the size I needed. Talk to you soon.

Go to GB section. The list is there.
Hi,

I was not quite sure where on the GB section (the google spreadsheet correct?) one added it in, but I wanted to be added in for the transformer for the 100W amp. Sorry to bother you, buzzforb, but looking through my order request, can you tell me if I have enough to make two monoblocks (and hence needing two transformers) or am I building a single 2-channel amp? I do apologize, am a newbie at this, and totally forgot what I started out wanting to do :( ....

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The DIYaudio build guide for the F5T will be in a "In-Progress" thread shortly. This build will be using the DIYaudio PCB, with a PSU very close to what is shown in Nelson's article.

However -
In the grand scheme of things the Turbo is just a normal F5 with a few extra pieces. It really is. The front end is basically identical, the output stage is just parallel, with parallel resistors, and the additional diodes. It's honestly not that different.

The Cascode front-end merely sits on top of the standard input stage.

The PSU drawn for the Turbo uses the single bridge only to use the same MUR3020W diodes as in the amp circuit. A PSU made in the style of the original F5 (with the dual bridges) would only need additional capacitance and a few more resistors.

Look at the schematic of the original F5 -- You will see that circuit (minus the limiter) in all the versions of the Turbo.

If you can get your head around building an F5, building a Turbo will seem merely, bigger.

Second or third week of march is VERY safe ship date on the kits. As for build guide, 6L6 will do a phenominal job. My one suggestion is to power the amp up in sections, checking pus first, then pluggin in Fe and surrounding apparatus, and then attaching output fets. This saves the risk of burnt outputs. Of course all this can be safely dealt with a lamp inbetween wall outlet and PSU.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.