• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to see if we can mix and match and get the 50 qty price. The main thing that helps me with extra cost is the fact that this is a long standing company that makes audio specific componenets and are sensitive to things such as noise. These are not standard SumR, but their Primrose division. Thanks to sts9fan for pointing them out.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I am going to see if we can mix and match and get the 50 qty price. The main thing that helps me with extra cost is the fact that this is a long standing company that makes audio specific componenets and are sensitive to things such as noise. These are not standard SumR, but their Primrose division. Thanks to sts9fan for pointing them out.

Im in!

Russellc

PKI

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Oh, yes, I meant in addition.
The problem is(one at least which I see) we need different secondary voltage for v3, v2 end F6, not only power rating(where you could combine two). So we do need at least three types transformers not talking about power yet...

Joined 2011
Paid Member
edit
sorry for my bad enghlish. maybe ? comming out a little wrong, but use imagination.. and youll know what i mean.

for turbo v3 what is the highest railvolt (within reason)? edit maybe trans. 45Vac? 35?
what bias is max disregard heatsink? think cryo... thinking about if we follow orig. schema will the rest of the parts cope ?

amp is teabag board, cascoded, max output trans with mur. liquid cooling
4x 100v 47000uf power supply mono. bying torrodial 1kva to 2,5 kva depending on output voltage.and if monoblocs or stereo.

speakers: seas exel diy 86db. sub long stoke 10 inch

want class a for maybe 100w and plenty ab
want class a for 50w plenty AB
want max class A

please comment in easy english pros and cons of this.
have 4 boards populated (no output trans or mur on board yet. from group buy by the exelence buzzman
will provide pics when i find the stupid cable to my cam.

please advice.
1. what would you build? why/ how. basic answer.

going to build 4 channels so maybe go for some different setups, for blindtest??
I dont know... any suggestions?

thanks

Last edited:
I have been told that the setup is individual to VA rating, which makes perfect sense. If we can narrow range to 400 and 800, or any two combinations, perhaps he will maintain the discount across the board. Qty of 50 is a price reduction of about 25%

Right. Choosing the 500 (instead of 400) may be better since the F6 crowd can also participate. The 800 will be good for a mono V3 and likely be OK for a stereo V2. For people that want more juice for the V2, they can get two 500 instead one 800. My 2 cents.

Regards,

I have opened GB for the transformers. Just list what you would like. When it is all said and done, we will figure it out.
@oiphy,
To get 100W, I would go for 26V sec(about 34V rails) and about 3-3.5A bias, assuming your sinks can take it. THis will give you 100W Class A and will push just about anything just fine. I have 27V rails on my V2 and 2A bias and have 50W.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.