F5m kit

Nice idea on the sheet pan. I cut aluminum by using a jig saw, then some clamps and a 2x4 for sanding a straight edge . I then use a belt sander (3x21or 3x24 is a good size) makes almost perfect results.Need to file the sharp edge with a file of course. I suppose a table saw with a metal blade would also work well. I assume one could use a masonite or plywood backer for thin gauges.
Aluminum cuts great on the TS with an 80 tooth carbide blade. Cheap is fine. Your assumed backer material is perfect. Dude I knew bought a Unisaw from Boeing Surplus. It has been used exclusively for aluminum years.
Looking forward to seeing it come to life. Cheers
Add: I cut 1'x1" t-slot aluminum exclusions and it's like butter

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Important to note that I have made a minor improvement in the power supply boards detailed here.
I bought the original F5m Kits but I can't figure out how to wire them Dual Mono.

With the improved Power Supply Boards coming soon specifically designed for MonoBlocs, is this now the only way to run F5m Dual Mono? Is there a way to convert the original boards?

Hopefully the store will allow more then one kit to be purchased at one time. And/or boards listed separately given consideration.

I was going to ask the same capacitor diameter question, but now that has been answered (thanks!) I'll ask a different one - is there a point at which extra capacitance is going to cause issues? I see that people sourcing their own components are going above (sometimes well above) the 4700uF x12 supplied in the kit. I was thinking a 500VA supply with 10000uF x12 caps. Would we call that robust, or ridiculous? Those who have already built one, what capacitance are you running with?