F5 with 2SK2013/2SJ313

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like a pair of boards also, Per - can easily trim them down to 3 o/p Fets if required -

Could you add 2 small electro/solid poly caps across the rails to a separate 0Volt point near the jfet input, maybe 47uF+ ...

Jameshillj,

I saw you recommended that tweak in the F5 thread and wasn't sure exactly how you implemented it. I was also wondering if you can tell if your resistor upgrades can be used on these boards.

Thanks,
David

please note, this is not a GB/order thread

it is only to see if there is enough interest

and it looks like it

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in the Juma F5 boards. I will definitely order a small run.

The boards will be FR4 1.55mm thick, two layers, 105µ copper cladding, green solder masks on both sides, white silk screen print on the top side. The production time will be approximately two weeks.

The price per set will be ~ EUR 25 (minimum 15 sets) or ~ EUR 20 (minimum 25 sets) plus shipment from Germany: EUR 3.45 Priority mail (max weight = 500g) + EUR 2.05 registered mail (optional) + EUR 3.55 insurance (optional).

Please email your authoritative orders by PM and let me know your shipping address and your email address. I'll collect orders till the end of the next week at least and will inform you about the effective price per set depending on the total ordered number then.

I will also offer regulated supply boards with adjustable output voltages on request. These boards do not include rectifiers and load/buffer capacitors. Please send PM for more information.

Here is a picture of the actual amp board. I added Papa's "tone control", a 200R trim pot paralleled to the 10R Source Rs of the JFETs (optional). The MOSFET degeneration Rs are MPC70 .33/2W.

Georg

Attachments

• F5 Juma THD Foto2.jpg
    F5 Juma THD Foto2.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:
[QUOTE=permaneder;3376150

I will also offer regulated supply boards with adjustable output voltages on request. These boards do not include rectifiers and load/buffer capacitors. Please send PM for more information.

One set (2 boards = dual Mono) will cost ~ EUR 20 (minimum order = 15 sets)

Attachments

• Regelungen Foto 2.jpg
    Regelungen Foto 2.jpg
    568.3 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I will also offer regulated supply boards with adjustable output voltages...

wonder if this means I can finally find a purpos for my old 2kw monster trafos :D

they put out 2x 38Vac
would your regs handle this...safely ?

I have thought about making a 'one for all' power supply
not all amps, ofcourse
extern power supply only for various Pass Diy amps

when big enough it might even power several different power amps together
each amp would ofcourse still have their own lytic power bank
but connections etc are tricky, so i still have doubts

wonder if this means I can finally find a purpos for my old 2kw monster trafos :D

they put out 2x 38Vac
would your regs handle this...safely ?

I have thought about making a 'one for all' power supply
not all amps, ofcourse
extern power supply only for various Pass Diy amps

They will. It might be necessary yet to double the MODFETs depending on the wanted current flow.

What regulated voltages do you require? It wouldn't be wise to feed the regulators with rectified ~ 55V and regulate them down to 20V...24V though. Too much needless heat dissipation.

permaneder;3376150 I will also offer regulated supply boards with adjustable output voltages on request. These boards do not include rectifiers and load/buffer capacitors. Please send PM for more information. One set (2 boards = dual Mono) will cost ~ EUR 20 (minimum order = 15 sets)[/QUOTE said:
You are using a different regulator than Juma's, see below.
What is the advantage of your regulator over Juma's?

Rush

Attachments

• 2_psu-new.gif
    2_psu-new.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 502
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
no, I think its more like a filter
and works like a big cap, just more effective, in some ways
hence the name cap multiplier

I think its also less prone to malfunction
if you dont need a precise fixed voltage it might be better than a reg

you may still need to know how to calculate the correct voltage drop
but what do I know, I only assemble, cross my fingers, and hope it works :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.