F5 Turbo Builders Thread

I saw this, but I cant figure out if the and GND point needs to be connected (1 and 2 on my scheme) near C6 and C8. when I connected it the voltage was doubled.

I guess point 3 and point 4 (inputs grounds from RCAs) needs to be connected, right? but what to connect to output speaker grounds 5 and 6 ?

Do I need common grounds between two independent PSU rails?
Build a simple MONO first. Then use the lessons learned in doing it correctly to advance to a two channel build.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no, 6L6 ......... that's simply wrong ..... meaning - irrelevant

just ask him (6767) what he prefer ........ besides having (hopefully!) left and right leg .... to also have one middle leg ............. or to have another right (or left) one ?

:rofl:

Tautology is a thing - I'm not smart enough to change by myself , so I must obey what it means . Same thing with power supply .

maybe I'm picky these days (almost feeling jet lag all the time , even if I'm not meteopath nor I flew lately ) but there is avalanche of Neotechnology kids these days

:devily:

I have a F5T with the the Toecutter V.3 boards. I am planning a dual mono power supply within a Deluxe 5U aluminum chassis from the diyAudio store. I am using two Antek AN-5225 transformers and the diyAudio PSU boards to build left and right complementary +/- 32VDC supplies. Question - to avoid interference with the heatsinks and the circuit boards, what is the best arrangement for the toroids and the PSU boards ? Can I stack the toroids without causing magnetic field problems ? Should the PSU boards be mounted on the front plate ? I am using four IXYS VBE 55-06N07 FRED bridges.

Well, fellas, I just opened up the box holding the 5U chassis parts. Holy Cats - this thing is big enough to put out as a doghouse for one of my Scotties ! I don't think I'll have any problems fitting the power supplies into this case and clearing the case.....plenty of real estate.

i just finishing building a Pass / Sony VFET amp in a 4U chassis and it was tighter than I though it would be, even with a 400VA transformer. For some reason I thought the 5U chassis was just taller, not 4" deeper.

Anyway, what is the consensus on where to mount the capacitor boards ? Mounted flat to the front face plate or stacked vertically ?

I think for air circulation around the filtering resistors, mounting to the front face plate makes more sense....might work better with the IXYS bridges also, since these want to mount to the perforated base plate.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
page1.png

dfNXJaY.jpg

2SJ74 pinout

2SK389Ersatz.jpg

More info here -- Tips & Tricks – RStAudio.de

Last edited: