F5 Turbo Builders Thread

hmm, I just noticed that on my board N channel and P channel of the jfets are REVERSE of the output P and N channel.

Is this correct?

I think I also installed the jfets in the wrong way too. wrong channel... I hope I didn't fry anything....

Attachments

• FE board blank.jpg
    FE board blank.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 346
Easy way to figure what each resistor should drop is to divide rail voltage by total resistance. This wil give you your total current through that leg. Take that amount and multiply it times the resistors and you wil haev the Vdrop you shuld see. Your configuration should yield slightly less than 15V, i believe.

I am not going to say that it is 100% that your Jfets are dead, but it seems like all you are getting is the Vbe drop of the bjt's. Perhaps others will confirm. IN theory, a biased Jfet shoudl provide resistance of some kind. This is how the voltage is formed at the drain. It appears yours are a dead short.

I am not going to say that it is 100% that your Jfets are dead, but it seems like all you are getting is the Vbe drop of the bjt's. Perhaps others will confirm. IN theory, a biased Jfet shoudl provide resistance of some kind. This is how the voltage is formed at the drain. It appears yours are a dead short.

hmm I wonder how that happened. other than the first turn on and the voltages I kept seeing it was never powered before?

How would I test to see if the jfets are dead? I never saw any magic smoke :)

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm back , after some time

pull all semis out , and test them

for Jfets - search for JFets matching - all you need is 9V battery and DMM

for mosfets - something more , but you'll manage

though , even if that seems complicated and over the top for one "simple repair" , you'll learn something and use these procedures later