F5 power amplifier

There's a modification required in the feedback circuit discussed earlier thread, and is conceptually similar to the F7, at least the first drawings presented by Nelson in that thread. I've successfully used 3 pair output with the original feedback network and values (50/10R ~15dB gain) with no issues, three pairs LATFET at ~1.7A cumulative bias are required to yield similar CLG to a single pair of vertical MOSFETs @1.3A

It still has less feedback, which is something you might like, or not.
Or a link pls— thanks

Joined 2008
Paid Member
All the recent F5m talk got me to put my 2SK1530 / 2SJ201 F5 back in the main system. :yes:

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    524.5 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: 5 users
Joined 2005
Paid Member
I'm assembling an F5 using the parts kit/chassis/boards etc. from the store and realized that I'm missing the X1/Y1 capacitor for the wiring at the terminal block. Not sure if I forgot to order it or simply can't find it in my mess of a work area (I ordered parts a while ago). What are my options? I have lots of caps on hand of various types and I hate to put in an order for one item from Digikey...

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Thanks TA and Dennis. This is what I suspected from searching the thread, but I wasn't sure that I could go without it (for now). One other question, I saw from searching that the value of the X1/Y1 capacitor isn't as important as the X1/Y1 rating itself... Is this capacitor something I might find locally, at an electronic supply store etc., or should I just plan on ordering it from Mouser or Digikey?