F5 power amplifier

Is it possible to bridge a double mono F5, following such diagram:
Bridged and paralleled amplifiers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?
"Bridging" is a cheap and dirty way to blow up cheap and dirty car amplifiers.

Bridging is rarely needed in domestic audio.
Public Address and such require enormous power and here bridging properly applied can allow safer voltages to be used.

In domestic audio, a similar effect (more power from very low supply rails and better PSRR) can be had by going to a "balanced" topology inside the Power Amplifier.

Both the F5X and some options of the F5t can show the benefits of "balanced".

Now I will go further than "Bridging is rarely needed in domestic audio". Bridging is the wrong topology in domestic audio, it brings no benefits to the amplifier performance.

Since I have to build a few F5 for my friends, I decided to make
my own pcb layout.

Could anyone please check if there are any mistakes in it?

x.jpg

I'm a little bit unsure if the FETs are connected the right way...
Do you have any other suggestions on optimizing the layout?
Copper will be 70µm, gold plated.

Thank you in advance :)

Michael

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi Micha

Something looks a little funny with your BCxxx orientation.

No P3? Any specific reason? In the same way, the thermistor wiring looks like it is not from the final F5 schematic, though it works fine when used like that.

And finally,your gate traces look unduly long. The gate resistor should be as close to the physical pin as possible. Few mm max. You can consider using SMD to get it super-close.

amp power requirements

Hey Andrew,
Is there an accurate method of measuring the power being used (at the amp outputs) while listening to a loud passage? This way, you would know what power you are actually using during actual listening. Then, you can get a handle on how much power you really need.

Thanks