F5 power amplifier

Yep....

If one look at the Danish heat-sinks, there is small holes, where F4's irf's was mounted.

Here is a pic. of PCB layout :) -

Jesper.

Attachments

• PCB-1.JPG
    PCB-1.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 790
I just "R-1" the 4 F5's I have running most of the time -- one observation is that the gain of each will change a bit with the addition of P3 -- so the channels might become a bit imbalanced. I substituted 0.68R for the 0.47R.

I'm using 25 turn Bourns 3296 200 ohm pots -- one amplifier I had started out at 0.012% THD 1W 1Khz and after patiently adjusting it, it's now 0.0012%.

Listening tomorrow. I did blow up one channel in the process -- actually one of the feedback resistors lost a leg....

No, they are not 90dB/W @ 1m
They state 90dB/2.83Vac @ 1m and they imply their usual tolerance on sensitivity.

If one accepts that these 683 are 8ohms speakers then one will find that many 8ohm capable amplifiers will not perform at their best trying to drive the 683s to highish peak levels on transients.

If one were to instead read the specification and decide they are probably 4ohms to 8ohms speakers and select 4ohms capable amplifiers then you are likely to find that the same peak currents into transients, as demanded by the 683, will not cause as much if any problem.

I would look at 100W and above into 8r0 amplifiers and only select those that are capable of at least 180% of that rated power output into 4r0 and are stated as 4ohms capable as being likely candidates for your 683s.

The Aleph probably, or almost certainly, meets all of those conditions.

Someone did post the F5 turbo schematics but I cant find them.

The one on the STORE page is misleading as it's in Black and White and there seem to be connections where there shouldn't be.

I'm dubious about this - it's just the DIY bug has bitten again and I wonder if the F5T is any better than my very much loved Aleph 4.