F5 power amplifier

Well can't realy say much but once it get troug a traffo no much difference is it?

What I would realy like to see is an amp with 77 volts rails (55 X 1.41) no trafo needed.

Done the soldering in scuba suit and thermite we use to wear lady stokings under it to keep warm and do a ... but that was a different life.

I could not do that any more bleading theet needing same serious overhaul and MOT
probably 10 meters be enough to bye bye noughty noughty litle Alex.

What kind of music did you play in the back ground Bauhouse or Wagner?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

Ever seen fireworks of a spray of bright white sparks pop out of your totally wet chest while you're trying to imitate Michael J ?
Ah, the joys of a family member who pulls the switch while you're working (after you turned off the juice yourself)
www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/170417-stupid-things-weve-done-3.html#post2277787

(oh, fetishist sheila alrighty, posting details would finally get me evicted from this here club)

Welding under water doesn't count.

Last edited:
Jacco
I would not play with electrons while imitating Michael J
to much chemistry going on.

Go on at least tell us what music in the back ground. No eviction for talking about music is it?

Hi Luke thermite different thing no power needed
3000C enoug not to go off even under water.

But if you realy play with big boys voltagge you wear a conductive suit (Faraday cage).

Height and power worst

Just make shure the transmitter is off while you climb a 120 mast to change the light bulbs.

Sweet sound!

Had an old 2x38V 500VA transformer, so decided to join the party and try building one of these amps. My first amp build ever in fact. So much fun, thank you everybody and especially Nelson Pass! Because of the high operating voltage (about 2x50V!) I had to cascode the FETs and also decided to try four output devices instead of two. Forced air cooling... But still sounds absolutely wonderful! Got so inspired have to buy a 2x18V transformer and try the original schematic next...

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say thanks!. Managed to read about half of the posts in this gigantic thread before giving up :)

Martin

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
moi thinks that AR2 silently made to the club ......

dunno it was +/-50V , but certainly no less than +/-40

in any case - kudos to ABFAB boyz

ZM is sissy

Attachments

• dash1.gif
    dash1.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 628
  • crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 613
You are hereby inducted into ABFAB

:D

Thank you Sir :) Not worthy... but there was indeed some smoke along the path since I wanted to know how close to the edge I was walking before I connected some speakers...

Forgot to confess that I also changed R21 and R22 to 18k (before I read about using 22k) and replaced R7 and R8 with 1nF. Oh, and played with a 2k trimmer across R1 and R2 for 2nd harmonic cancellation but not sure it works as intended 100%.