F5 power amplifier

I think you can use the 22VAC trafos without any problems, but I have not heard any reports about what is the highest possible voltage with cascodes and I haven't tried it myself. You need a large heatsink to run this beast though... ;)
A tiny correction: the standard current is 1.3A through each device, but you might want to go for a lower current per device.

The standard F5 current is 1.3A pr device, 2.6A total pr channel, to keep the same total bias pr channel in a cascoded, dual output pair configuration you would need to reduce the bias for each FET to 0.65A( 4 x 0.65A = 2.6A pr channel)

As for supply voltage I am going for either 2 x 22 VAC or 2 x 25 VAC, havent decided yet. The 2 x 25 VAC would be nice, giving mere a decent power reserve of about 55 W Class AB in 8 Ohm.

(You might be getting an order tommorow, just have to sleep on it before I decide whether to pull the trigger or not)

Some Pic of my FFive:D

Now just fine tuning the sound,
sweet point 0.6V with no doubt:rolleyes:
gate stopper set to 47ohms which I cannot hear the different to 150ohms:confused:
Thanks all, Thanks Nelson Papa:cop:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 646
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 634
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 642
With a true rms voltmeter, set to measure instantaneous max voltage, connected on my speaker outputs -loud music/movie in a 25'x14'x9' room registered at 4.8Vrms and that is about 7Vpk (14Vpk-pk) or about 35% of what's available on a +/-24V or a +48V supplied amp. Lots of headroom using an LDR vol control...system is as posted on Pass projects thread.