F5 power amplifier

Well thats for one channel and doesn't include the switch, transformer, fuse and stuff. Do you think you could make up a BOM of yours? I used this schematic.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I tired but I'm not the greatest at reading schematics :) And like I said I wasn't sure what values the zeeners should be and what not and what the rectifiers should be.

I got heatsinks a while back. I'll be using 2 of these per channel. They will be monoblocks as I mentioned before.

P1010171.jpg

I'll have to make up a BOM and post it before I order stuff cause I know I probably messed something up.

Where are you getting the caps from? And how much?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Dougie085 said:
I shot him an email. See what he has. It's ok to use caps larger the 30k uf in this PSU right?

as you boyz , from country wearing flag beneath your nick , use to say ........ there is no substitute for cubic inches .

:clown:

put 'em as much you have .......... ribs , mF , VA .........

that's A class , not dreky AA one .

:rofl:

edit :

did you checked on his site ; maybe you can see something ..... without waiting for reply

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dougie,

Maybe you should consider an unregulated PS. The
ZV5 needs one but the F5 doesn't. ("Ordinary
unregulated supplies will work fine....") This will
simplify things quite a bit.

The caps that Zen Mod mentioned are a good deal
and definitely worth considering.

Also, what transformers are you planning to use?

Dennis

Well I have a Aleph PSU board that I got from chipamp.com. But a regulated PSU would be nice and I don't think it will be that hard to build I just need to remember all the schematic symbols. I'll probably just use something like a 300VA 18VAC transformer. Avel or Plitron depending on how much I decide to spend.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Dougie085 said:
Well I have a Aleph PSU board that I got from chipamp.com. But a regulated PSU would be nice and I don't think it will be that hard to build I just need to remember all the schematic symbols. I'll probably just use something like a 300VA 18VAC transformer. Avel or Plitron depending on how much I decide to spend.

Hi Dougie,

Just remember that if you do go with the ZV5 regulated supply
that you will need a transformer with a higher secondary
voltage.

Good luck.

Dennis