• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are 3 wires feeding each output FET.
The gate stopper must be mounted directly on the Gate Pin.
How should the 3 wires be arranged geometrically, to get best performance from the amplifier.
As a twisted pair + 1, or as a twisted triplet, or as 3 parallel but close spacing, or 3 parallel with wide spacing, or something else?

4-poles caps

Hi Peter

I am about to order the caps for your universal PS boards. In an earlier post you recommended top caps like Nichicon Super Through or Jensen caps. I see that you even use the ultrapricey Jensen 4-pole slitfoil caps directly attached to the F5 pcb. I just read about them on their website claiming to have better results than even the best 2-pole caps. Of course I would say the same when I want to sell my own products;) . What is your experience with the 4-poles compared to other 2-poles like the Super Through's e.g.

PS Boards for F5

Peter Daniel said:
1 Smaller board is easier and cheaper to ship.
2 If a single cap can have enough capacitance, why use multiple?
3 Single cap usually also sounds better than few in parallel.

Following your criteria and using Jensen 4 pole electrolytics, ideally, how many and what capacitance/voltage would you recommend per channel for a stereo F5?
In your opinion, would the sonic differences the Jensen caps might bring be significant enough to spend the extra $$ vs using large conventional electrolytics such as Panasonics, Elnas, etc ?
I haven't had the opportunity to compare directly. Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Running F-5 without current limiting

When removing current limiting, I understand the following are deleted:

Q5 and Q6, th1 and th2, R15, R16, R17, R18, R19, R20, R21, and R22.

Does one leave the 10K R1 and R2? Or does it go too?

Thanks,

Russellc

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.