• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Here's some pics;
First is the temporary "plug" With alligators attached to clamp onto the transformer primaries, which can be seen connected together with temporary straps for the alligators to clamp onto. Next shot shows transformer and secondaries going to other terminal block, then next shot shows the white leads going to the diode boards. Measuring where the secondaries attach to the termonal block, each of the two pairs measures 17 volts, I dont think the variac was quite all the way up...

Attachments

• IMG_2819.jpg
    IMG_2819.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_2821.jpg
    IMG_2821.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2822.jpg
    IMG_2822.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2823.jpg
    IMG_2823.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 329
Joined 2006
Paid Member
50 volt measurment taken with black multimeter lead on the V-, and the red multimeter lead on the V+...

russellc

thats the problem. your feeding the boards ultimately two 22-25v connections.
Take one v- and one v-. The ground in the middle ties then together for return.
Your cool.:D

All output ground connections should go to the red spot id'd on peter's shot a few posts back. tie a wire down there and connect all Ground signals to it.
Solder a CL60 thermistor there, and attach that to chassis ground a IEC earth ground.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
thats the problem. your feeding the boards ultimately two 22-25v connections.
Take one v- and one v-. The ground in the middle ties then together for return.
Your cool.:D
sorry, but I'm a little dense here, not sure what you mean by this? Could you describe where I went wrong by my crappy sketch?

are you saying to ignore one set of secondaries? Sorry, I'm not understanding...

Russellc

I am looking to get into a new project. Are there boards still available? What are the current prices? Delivery costs are charged to Spain.

I am planning in building a pair of full mono blocks. How many boards of each should I need?

I'm running low on those boards but few are still available. I'm charging $5 shipping now: F5 info: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/140306-f5-pcb-group-buy.html
PS boards: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/audio-sector/149672-universal-power-supply-pcb.html

For dual mono, you'll need one amp board and 2 PS boards.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
500mv DC offset

I got one channel fired up and got both R 11 and R 12 to measure .59 but when I measured the DC offset at the speaker posts, it measures over 500 mv.

Before I just park it in the garage, anyone have any thoughts? Obviously something is very wrong. What would cause such a high number?

Russellc

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You need to adjust both pots to get close to 0mV offset first, then bring them both up for proper bias.

That means, that with your 500mV offset, one pot has to go up, the other down, then both same way to bring bias to desired value.

I'm following what your saying, but if both are at .59, how do I turn one up without going over .59? Or should I take it down to .30 or so and go from there? I'll fidget with it some more, back shortly.

russellc

Turn one of the pots (you need to figure out which ) to get zero offset and lower bias.

Then turn them both, bit by bit, to get desired bias.

The voltage drop on source resistors will always be equal, just by balancing two trimpots properly you will get both the 0mV offset and 600mV voltage drop on resistors.

I use only 2 multimeters for adjustment: one is at the output the other at one of the source resistors; the voltage on the other resistor is always the same.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Turn one of the pots (you need to figure out which ) to get zero offset and lower bias.

Then turn them both, bit by bit, to get desired bias.

The voltage drop on source resistors will always be equal, just by balancing two trimpots properly you will get both the 0mV offset and 600mV voltage drop on resistors.

I use only 2 multimeters for adjustment: one is at the output the other at one of the source resistors; the voltage on the other resistor is always the same.

Yes, its working, I'm down to 5 Mv, I think I can 0 it out. I wouldnt have expected the circuit to work like that, but I turn one up and the other down, the Mv on the output goes down and the two resistors measurements are the same, but low. Now to bias it up. Thanks for the time to school me here, much appreciated.

Russellc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.