• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok i built second channel but same result! not sure what would cause -20 volts at output? there are not that many components to place incorrectly! any ideas?

Confirm that the parts are the correct values. I used 0.91ohm dale mra-5's (for R11 & R12) and only checked one to confirm. Turns out one was actually 90ohm and let the smoke out of the opposite side mosfet.:mad:

A bad solder joint on one of the feedback resistors R5 or R6 (assuming R7 & R8 not used) can cause 20v at output.

If you are using the peter daniels boards make sure you have placed the legs of the output resistors in the right place. Also, the 0.47R resistors in parallel with the pots can blow too - you should check them too. Lastly, make sure the pots are turned all the way to 0R for initial power up. It will take a few turns before you see any action across R11 and R12.

Oh yeah, a few pics of the board will help.

Fran

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Peter, I want boards for a single transformer stereo amp. One stereo set of F-5 boards ( $15 ) and a power supply board and retifier boards as required, ( $20 ),
Total 35.00 correct? I'll Paypal now, let me know if prices have changed or I'm not thinking right!

RussellC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.