• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5 pcb group buy...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This is a GC of Class A amps, it will work with lower rails, it's good with everything, especially ribbon tweeters ;)

Attachments

• boards1.jpg
    boards1.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Thanks guys, I think I'm clear on parts choices now. Peter, I received two power supply boards that appear to have two power supplies each, did I receive an extra accidentally, or are all 4 required? Seems like I recall a post with pic showing how all this (power supply and amp cards) hooked together.

I think I'm going thread blind from building this and a 45 tube amp at the same time! Thanks for the patience with this old tube man! Any pics of how the 4 boards wire to the amp cards would be appreciated, obviously I was mistaken in how I thought it went.....:D And by quite a bit!

Russellc

Peter, I received two power supply boards that appear to have two power supplies each, did I receive an extra accidentally, or are all 4 required? Seems like I recall a post with pic showing how all this (power supply and amp cards) hooked together.

The amp requires symmetrical supply (+/-V). Each PS board supplies both positive and negative voltage, and you can use one per channel (separately).

The PS boards have been explained here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149672

Attachments

• F5_Grounds.jpg
    F5_Grounds.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 565
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Very clear on the power supply Peter. Have ordered parts from Tech-DIY, the kit with the Vishay/IRF devices, per your recommendation. As they will be on leads, I suppose I could try both without danger to "over soldering" the board.

Likely it will live with whatever parts are first installed and work.
Thanks for the info on the use of your boards, much appreciated.

Once the amp, PS, and rectifier boards are populated, the hunt will be on for heatsinks and transformers. Hopefully a donor amp box will happen buy, I'd like this project to avoid my usual "Frankenstein Laboratory" DIY style.:eek:

Russellc

Very clear on the power supply Peter. Have ordered parts from Tech-DIY, the kit with the Vishay/IRF devices, per your recommendation. As they will be on leads, I suppose I could try both without danger to "over soldering" the board.

Likely it will live with whatever parts are first installed and work.
Thanks for the info on the use of your boards, much appreciated.

Once the amp, PS, and rectifier boards are populated, the hunt will be on for heatsinks and transformers. Hopefully a donor amp box will happen buy, I'd like this project to avoid my usual "Frankenstein Laboratory" DIY style.:eek:

Russellc

How much were your parts from tech diy ?

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Peter, on your #1 post, you show 3 pics....the third one shows some little square resistors, could you tell us what manufacturer and series they are? there are some little grey ones, and a small black square one in place of the 3 dales in the previous pics?

Thank you,
Russellc

Last edited:
Yes, I have plenty of boards in stock, also PS boards.

Peter, on your #1 post, you show 3 pics....the third one shows some little square resistors, could you tell us what manufacturer and series they are? there are some little grey ones, and a small black square one in place of the 3 dales in the previous pics?

Those are Caddock MK132 (grey) and Vishay S102 (black). Both available from Percyaudio.com, although a bit pricey.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.