F5 meets Buzquito

Input circuit made with BJTs can sound as god as one made with JFETs, even better - and vice versa.
It's just that BJT-made input circuit usually doesn't really like a volume pot directly connected and JFETs don't mind.
Another thing is that BJTs demand very precise matching to avoid input DC offset when you don't want to use a coupling cap but you want high input resistance.
So it all comes down to choices and personal preferences - generalizations are to be avoided...

Thanks for comment luke and prasi.
My last 74/170 jfet i have bought from flyingsolo to fix the BA-3 and M2, no one left over- genuine than. :D
Only aliexpress.....
I will play a bit with 2N3819/20, J110/112, 2SK117- in ACA next, to see if it is possible.
Yes prasi 550/560 better noise profile.
Eric was generously to sell a pair of your F5HA boards- would like to use as
preamp- must see later.
As Juma says we can build a little Amp, i am waked up- 640/9540- 0,47 Ohm-
hmmm?
I have routed a clone of your board in eagle, but not knowledge the next steps
doing to finaly gerber. That i have to learn.

BJT input higher resistance needed

Hi Juma.
Thanks for good explanation- missed that, you was a little step faster than me.
:p
So i will match some and playing with input resistance if i came up to build
next time- i work on your small F5 at moment- some ideas circling around my
head. ;)

here is a slightly revised one with curvy traces:) + option to link in-gnd to pgnd with a link or a resistor + 4 mounting holes so that one could use to-3 with short wires off the pcb.

Attachments

• f5buzquito-rev2.1 curvy.png
    f5buzquito-rev2.1 curvy.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
Here are the PCB thanks Prasi, excellent work.

PCB were ordered from PCBWay.com These guys provide amazing, fast and professionnal service. They verify your Gerber and tell you if all is well then and only then you pay for your order.

For the price of $10 USD you get 10 PCB with a maximum size of 100mm x 100mm + you get to choose the color of your PCB and the silkscreen color. Shipping is also cheap ($11 USD) if you don't mink a slower transport.

This time a got a small notepad + pen as a gift. You've got to try PCBWay, they are great. I'm not associated with PCBWay, I simply like to share some good news based on my amazing experience with them, I've ordered about 6 times so far and everytime it has been the same great service.

BR,
Eric

Attachments

• IMG_0105.JPG
    IMG_0105.JPG
    873.5 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
Here are the PCB thanks Prasi, excellent work.

PCB were ordered from PCBWay.com These guys provide amazing, fast and professionnal service. They verify your Gerber and tell you if all is well then and only then you pay for your order.

For the price of $10 USD you get 10 PCB with a maximum size of 100mm x 100mm + you get to choose the color of your PCB and the silkscreen color. Shipping is also cheap ($11 USD) if you don't mink a slower transport.

This time a got a small notepad + pen as a gift. You've got to try PCBWay, they are great. I'm not associated with PCBWay, I simply like to share some good news based on my amazing experience with them, I've ordered about 6 times so far and everytime it has been the same great service.

BR,
Eric

Thank you Eric, All the best for your build. They are indeed great looking PCB's.
Regards
Prasi