EZDAC is singing now!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fredlock said:
Hi ezkcdude,

Do you still have ezdac boards to sell? How much will the whole project cost? Seems like it's an awesome DAC. Can I connect this DAC to DirecTv box digital optical output?

I have a very few left (less than 5). It seems like there could be a surge in demand all of a sudden? Maybe I'll consider ordering more. Anyway, the details of the project including BOM are on my website. Just click the link below my sig.

ezkcdude said:

What are the op amps you are using? Also, what are those two boards at the input for?

The opamps are the LM4562. The rwo pcbs are my SPower regs for 5V and 3.3V. Ideally I will place them direct into the holes where the LM regs would go if it's neat enough. I bolted them with the stand off holes for now to keep it neat while I experiment and build.

Brent

Thanks, Ray! Finally someone besides me has come to their senses - this DAC needs multiple input selection! The capability is already built into the receiver chip. If you remember, when I built mine, I lifted a few pins on the CS8416 and hardwired in a second input and selector switch. You can check out the photos on Evan's website to see how I did it, but it wasn't easy!

Sorry for the rant, but if that addition is made, I might need to order a new board - it would make it perfect.

6h5c said:

Oh, please, could you add a few jumpers for RXP1/2/3 and RXSEL so I can use the board with multiple inputs, since it has become the standard in my audioset :D.

Ray

It's under consideration. I'm pretty much out of boards now, so if the demand for an ezDAC 2.0 builds up, I'll probably add the jumpers and order some more.

In the meantime, any updates from Brent?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.