Explendid amplifier designed by Michael Bittner, our MikeB

My dear friend Anatech... good live things are done in the back sit

That enormous station wagon, that beautifull car you have.... under the rain...cold outside.... glasses full of watter drops inside...invisible place.... at nigth.... she will love that... listen to music..the old radio...do not matter..the magic will surround you and her.

Beautifull place to go...do not need to pay tickets, or expend gasoline...just have to wait family sleep.

Good transistors soldering for ya.

regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos ! I don't know whether Blameless has any secrete . Blamess amp can be found at this site http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/ampins/dipa/dipa.htm

I didn't use D1 1N4148 .
C4= 100n ceramic cap
R16 ,R17 emitter of output tst =0.47 ohms
Self 's VAS current source . I use the current source which Mikeb often use include 2 transistor ,10mA for VAS

beta of TR2 =204 and beta of TR3 also equal to 204 :D
beta of TR10 = beta of TR11 . Digital multimeter use numbers to display result so it is easy to read .
I dont pay attention to how beta of tst is . But I'm sure that beta of these tst is equal to each another exactly . Ok! Digital multimeter is better .
TR12 =2a1038 (or 2sa1308 , I forgot ) , beta =438 . I dont want TR12 eat too much current from current mirror .
TR4 ,TR6 ,TR8 =D669 ,B649
I use two-pole compensate network include 47p cap 1k resistor 470p cap
R9=100 ohms

I built 2 amp with current mirror but didn't match any transistors . The end ,the sound is bad . Now according to me the amp with current mirror is quite good :)

My old friend thanh, i have to make some question to you.

You are telling me sounding good.

And i trust that you are beeing true and honest.

As i made many amplifiers and they sounded good.....

But they sounded good till i put them into A to B comparison testing...using some good reference...something we think it is a good reference.

My reference is JLH, despite another amplifier already kick JLH "S", but i continue to use it, as the big majority of forum guys respect this schematic...the DOZ is something alike the 1969 JLH..the others, with simetrical supplies, PNP and NPN simetrical transistors...well.....i prefer to check the first one, the one that sounded perfect to me...and to many others.

Adjust please, if you not already did it, both amplifiers to same power...take care about that...both flat.... use one good speaker, or better, use a good expensive headphone or some average Philips Headphone...the one that cover completelly your ears...use a switch form A to B amplifier...same music playing...instantaneous evaluation...stay 1 minute checking and stop......because brain adjust sonics at your will...and test lost value......do it again..... and again....small time listening and stop.

If you tell me that Blameless sounded so good as JLH i will eat my JLH with katchup, will cross the street nude, with white bum shining into the sunligth and you can call me Charlotte...

But i will first call guys to check your evaluation.... and i will do this check three times...at least.

Oh...B-L-A-M-E-L-E-S-S is very hard to face....i hate that amplifier, long life to Self... a hell with this amplifier!...not your unit, dear Thanh...not your unit!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• great mind.jpg
    great mind.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,246
Well dear thanh...do not be so selfish with big Charlie...we can do business

I can stay...without touch her...for a week only.

Will return happy and untouched.

Let's make some business...guarantee that she will return smilling.

If the pretty woman is your wife.... negative to business...be happy!

hehe

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• sellfish.jpg
    sellfish.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,259
No problem hermano Guijermo, with that name, they will not worried about their wives.

They will not concern about me..... Charlotte is not dangerous.

Really?

Los Argentinos tambien sòn terribiles...ustedes tienen "balacobako"

The Argentinian are also terrible, you have enormous charm too.

Ahahahhaha!..... e viva la Argentina!... no hay maricon-- en el sul del continente!.... there are not strange guys in the America South Borders!...(more or less translated...sorry!)

.....................................................................................................

Michael....professional is professional..... really, really, programmer is a programmer....wonderfull job.

But Michael..i suppose its you in the Avatar....all those guys "behind you" Michael?

Hummm...strange.

Pretty avatar...kidding...very creative, as you are always very creative.

You have got it Michael.... the expression you are showing, is the real expression of our feelings...the real image that appear in our brain could create that expression you are showing us... when we go observing the life, the world, the things that goes happening, when we perceive we cannot fix all those troubles and we have to go ahead with all those crazy things happening here and there....our fears.... we are big children ...with more expensive toys only... the expression, shown in your avatar, is the way half world feel inside...in the reality this is something very real..... deep congratulations...do you still dislike Psycho?.... but you have captured and expressed something Psycho guys can write a book about that subject.

regards,

Carlos

Put together one channel and was ready to fire it up, when I discovered that I had ordered the wrong transformers (35v instead of 25v), aarrg. I couldn't wait to get the correct ones, so I hooked up the circuit to a regulated -/+ 25v gainclone power supply with 100R in series with each leg. The 68R for the second differential pair started to heat up so I shut it down. When I went over everything, I discovered that I had mislabled the pin-outs of the BC556 and 2n5401 - oops. So I checked them out and reoriented them.

Viola! After adjustment of the trimmer, all the voltages check out fine. Offset of -1.6mv and residual AC of 0.2mv (meter's limit). So, I'll build the other channel while I wait for the right transformers.

Sheldon

Re: You may have 20 watts, a very good 20 watts amplifier.

destroyer X said:
Are you listening at it now Sheldon?

Tellus, if you perceive something good, or even some problem.

To invert transistors i have the expertise and PHD related that matter.

regards,...good news.

Carlos

Yup, listening now - Dennis Kamakahi, "Ohana". But just a cheap little speaker out of and old boom box, with the source a cheap portable cd player. Sounds as nice as the system will allow. No problems - quiet as a grave. Can put a cheap transistor am radio right next to it with no pick up on the radio. Oh, took out the series safety resistors too.

Sheldon

Ahahahaha....Gooood!...yeah!, wait till you have the correct voltage...hehe

Will operate better with the perfect voltage, as was calculated that way...but do not produce bad sound from 7 volts to 42 volts simetrical.

No "thump" at start up.... a click when you swich of will be heard... this is fast response to transient that will cross transformer, pass from filters...will be reduced to small power..but the amplifier can follow those spikes.

Yes...it do not capture Intermediary Frequency oscilators, no beating, no radio Frequency....or..it may appear but 5 to 10 milivolts maximum if you have something with radio frequency operating in several megahertz near.... base to emitter junction can detect those signals.... all amplifier is allowed to capture those signals with very low amplitude, they normally will not amplify this signal, because the frequency captured normally is distant from the -3dB roll of frequency, so, having not the capacity to amplify so high frequency, it only detects and let them pass to output..were the zobel will "eat it!"... and the inductor will block it!...zobel use to "suck" everything that seems wrong related to that.... zobel filter... the ohms more 47N in series to ground, is alike a enormous Whale mouth capturing cryo.... the theorical guys told me once....

Alike the cryo will go to the sucking whale mouth, strange frequencies will enter the enormous zobel mouth... i do not believe the cryo will swim hard to enter a small neighborhood fish mouth, when have the enormous sucking mouth enviting it to be eated!

Sounds nice, isnt'it....try to attach a headphone.... use insulator tape..or those you use to fix babies pants...and carefully attach a good headphone...use a serial resistor...220 ohms, 150 ohms or even 100 ohms, as you have not big power for a while...not more than 30 i imagine....feel the volume differences...try some music that has differences of loudness..or some adventure CD.... hummmm try "Pearl Harbour".... you will go into the floor when the bullets start to reach your imagination.... feel the spinning of the bomb automatic....that bomb that enter the ship.... broke 2 stages and stopped spinning the back helical delay device inside the Ship's cooking place...listen into the spinning.... fell the bullets heating metals.... the old motors having failures in ignition..you will perceive detonations...knock out...those noises made when gasoline is weak to hi compressure motors.

You will feel good...this one.... are very nice, one of my prefered three best wide world amplifiers.

Transistors must be matched...Michael made concessions because he want very much to have more people doing it...but in reality, this amplifier is sensitive to transistor unmatched...distortion jumped to stratosphere when you reach the clipping threshold having mismatched units...under 10 percent will be good..... if not this way...try in the future to match those guys and to use silver mica expensive capacitors...hehe...will feel the difference.... i am sure!

Mike explained the minimum matching needed, the ones need to be matched... well...i match them all.

Michael will be happy.... as he is German....he will say..Har....har!

regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Nope, no thump.

I only matched the transistors by using a 9v battery across the transistor with base attached to collector and 22k in series. Then measured across the transistor. Seemed to work for the small devices, as I have less than 2mv DC offset at the output.

Not so good, but better than nothing, for the output transistors as the current is low with this method. Anyway I took the best complementary matches for the drivers and outputs.

Next time, I'll try a more comprehensive transistor test.

Oh, and all caps less than 100n are silver mica.

Sheldon

All rigth Sheldon...you have matched them perfectly... the small off set is something

That normally happens with this amplifier...even with mismatched transistors...something that i cannot explain..only Michael can do that.

Very good.... Silver Mica are wonderfull...you amplifier may be sounding nice.... i see that you are an expert... a humble one... do the correct things alike a professional....hummmm hidden the real thing Shel...you may be one of those big guys in electronics.

Tell me...if not so good, you can tell me..... oh!..i will have to accept guys calling me "Charlotte"...yeah!...tell me directly if you dislike some.... the way i have to scape from that "Charlotte"...aaagh!

nanabrother@yahoo.com

I send enormous data...music pout pourrit for Sheldone...but not sure about the final....before the net.

regards,

Carlos

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
-?

Okay. Your opinion.

We had Telefunken over here. They were not that active in high end audio. We also had Revox, which was a fair bit better. Heard one?

What we have now is better still, and they don't bring in the really good stuff from Europe as the 2 channel market is not doing as well as it did in the late 70's.

I doubt Telefunken invests in the care and attention to detail that some of the fine engineers do in the niche markets. Telefunken is a mass market manufacturer. Same as most other brands.

Note I did not knock them. Just raising the wool from your eyes. No disrespect intended.

-Chris

Negative to disrespect, i already know you are a friend..we have good personal

Contact using mails.... i already felt the way you are...you are not the one that apreciate disrespect to no one...you are deeply civilized man... you may not apreciate mankind, as they do not match you..you are special....better than the average humans!

I already had two Telefunken Models, those, made in Brasil, wooden cheap cabinets.... that material...the worst wooden powder mixed with glue that were use before MDF..... and ugly construction inside.

But really the sound was wonderfull...both ones very good..... i perceived that the sound quality... the warmth i perceived was connected that the bass control that was centered in 40 hertz frequency...so...increasing deep bass..... this produces a very interesting sound..to the ones that apreciate bass.

Also, long time ago... Telefunken made here enormous furniture showing stereo effects, trains passing, Russian Roullet and many effects... was a tube amplifier...not more than 12 watts...but wonderfull sound, and those times, the pick up was not magnetic.... Polidor turntable... a lot of speakers (6)... furniture separating channels and wonderfull sound.

Yes!... Germans are wonderfull.... i know they can do wonderfull things... i like them, despite i have some fear related them (second world war).

I use the JLH to talk using same language with forum guys... better than JLH...the same bass as JLH...... worst than...that reference only....i already heard a tube Macintosh amplifier that kicked the JLH to outside our Constelation....but has no meaning use it as reference...i have not it to compare, and the guys may do not know them..old model.... 1964 model.

Here is the image of the Symassym i am using to sub woofer, and producing more to a multichannel, multifrequency comparator amplifier.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• symassym 4.jpg
    symassym 4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,292