• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would say the proper answer is "Convince the wife to let said fellow experiment with enclosures for the drivers"

something else would be "Measure each driver's specs" and compare them to see what the range of difference is on them. Then burn them in for a few weeks, and test them again.

Or, build a surround sound system with them

-J

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
defect9 said:
something else would be "Measure each driver's specs" and compare them to see what the range of difference is on them. Then burn them in for a few weeks, and test them again.

My D9nf's were very close when I got them, and I used them for several
months and re-ran the impedance curves. They did not alter in any
significant way.

:cool:

Okay, I note that "stick four of them on/in a single baffle/enclosure wired in parallel" was not among the replies . . . so my hypothetical life has just been made a little easier, in theory at least :D

-- Chris

P.S. I'd really love a chance to hear a nice 9-inch Feastrex driver OB setup like the one Phil came up with . . . I'll never forget how nice the D9 "monster magnet" alnico units sounded stuffed into holes cut into large carboard boxes. (The units were resting atop loudspeaker enclosures and the cardboard boxes were held in place by the weight of the drivers. They sounded as wonderful as they looked ridiculous.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.