• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Exciting new line of fullrange drivers from Feastrex

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I can only guess but I suspect it may be more of an issue involving the effects of long-distance transport than the lack of having been played for a while . . . in the case of the drivers at RMAF I think we can assume with a high degree of certainty that the youngness of the drivers had a lot to do with it.

-- Chris

And who are these guys?

And Who Are These Guys???

Attachments

• l1000568.jpg
    l1000568.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 398
The 8mm rod

To make your life much easier use the 8 MM BRASS rod to help install or remove the driver.
Do not be tempted to use steel. Make sure the rod is clean and free of all debris.
Boy, was I happy to see Hal do this. This simple thing made the whole trip worthwhile. Not to detract from the tunes that played from that driver.

more...

Low temp, low pressure, on plane.

Later, in Denver, the humidity is likely almost 60-70 points different from Yamanashi. The pressure, owing to the altitude of Denver is also very different. Everything evened out over a few days, as has been confirmed. I felt that these changes were most felt sonically within the progressive relaxtion of the cabinet walls.

Thermal Shock during Transportation....

Just some info.....I was talking with the Soundlabs distributor in Singapore and he told me that he spent lots of time stripping and studying spolited ESL panels ... For a long time he couldn't figure out why the ESL panels in hot and humid Singapore didn't last very long... and on the other hand .. humid places like Florida ... didn't seem to have any such problem..

After lots of analysis.. he found the problem to be Thermal Shock during transportation via air.... Apparently the "lacquer" or special coating on the ESL's huge mylar... developed cracks as the temperature went from room temperature to sub-zero and back to room temp during transportation.. and that severly shortened the lifespan of the ESL.

They have since take lots of care to seal off and protect the ESL panels during transportation and that solved the problem.

Re: What is this man doing?

Phil Townsend said:
He is applying torture to a Feastrex driver.

He's wearing gloves, so I assume Dr. Hal is about to check the driver's prostate. (Hey, if drivers have balls, it follows that they have a prostate gland too, right?)

Phil Townsend said:
8mm of pure brass right in the center!

The Feastrex flag flies over Iwo Jima

Phil Townsend said:
Big Cables

The twin cobras have got their fangs in the driver and are now injecting it full of their special brand of poison . . .

-- Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.