• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF "Subbu DAC V3" GB Interest

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what you are doing here would seem to me to be bridged operation, not balanced, the signal is still referenced to ground and its a single ended output dac, no matter what signal you send to it. however these 2 definitions are so often confused these days that it hardly seems worth arguing the difference anymore =(

BTW - I did include a balanced setup in my order for the group buy. At some point I will build a system with a balanced topography from source all the way through to the speakers. But that is a project well in the future and based mostly on curiosity, not on any specific knowledge on my part,

Last edited:
No problem - I didn't take your comment that way :) I was just relating that I had to do a little thinking about my objective(s) at the point of filling in the spreadsheet. I have seen and read about some very high end systems that are balanced throughout. Since it's on my "bucket list" I wanted to make sure all the necessary parts were in the bucket if and when I get there. ;)

Last edited:
I dont think thats a wise choice, you should be running all 6 channels synchronously (from the same clock) for a crossover. you can correct for phase digitally, but its definitely not ideal. if you want SE you would only need 3 of the dacs, but I really think you should be looking at more suitable solutions

Incredible. The number keeps getting higher and no one except Subbu And I knows what the design will be. Scary.... Earlier on I told Subbu that demand could very well be 500 pieces of which I later on thought I had exaggerated but now it seems the 500 number was not so exaggerated at all.

We are still in design phase. Despite earlier comments the boards seems to become slightly larger with all the in and outputs aligned at one side except for the power supply connector. So finally SPDIF and L + R are all at the backside of the case. Decoupling already was good but we tried to improve it slightly by adding coils and caps. Different sizes output filter caps can be used.

I am working from dusk till dawn in my new home (moving houses/emigration) so I try to arrange time in 5 minute blocks but we will manage a V3.

We won't let you down. Hey the simplest solution would have been a rerun of V2.6 but that is still possible if V3 does not perform as we wish.

Hi there!

I really appreciate your work on this device, but I think all of us would rather wait a little bit more for a near perfect and improved board then a Board which does have design flaws due to fast and hasting designing.

Take your time all of you who are involved in the development. And maybe some beers! ;)
Even if I and all of us can not wait anymore, TAKE YOUR TIME, TAKE YOUR TIME! :)

Greetings from germany!
Ron

I agree

Keine Angst Ron. We will take the time necessary to make it a good V3. Today I finished a new revision but many will follow I guess. We try to incorporate some handy features.

To reiterate what ron said.. Take your time. I finished build the v2.6 SE board and have been very happy with the results. Just pacing myself while I build 2 balanced versions. I know you guys do this as a hobby and you have lives outside of this site.

Great job guys!!

For all the other waiting for v3.x , it'll be worth the wait.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.