• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
That would be nice but it won't happen. It should be part of the fun to find the parts yourself. We really don't have the time to do such a group buy.

Just imagine the time it takes to come to the point we are at right now. To be honest I will be glad when the participants have their PCB(s) finished and playing with good results :)

But no one will obstruct any attempt of you guys to do a group buy of parts....

Last edited:
I don't want to intrude on the group buy with my comments, but I have been extremely impressed with the sound of this board. I know JP mentioned that others seeking USB might be interested in the ODAC, and of course we have many others to choose from out there. My thoughts, to keep it simple, this Dac is extremely good to the point that while ODAC has all sorts of measurements this/that, and it may be good, I would find it hard to believe it to be better or even as good. This is an extremely competent Dac that from top to bottom does everything exceptionally well. Imaging/soundstage is also very balanced. I'd have to say the sound is overall, "balanced", which to me, is what I would need in anything front end wise, let alone speaker wise. So those seeking some kind of "sound", I don't quite hear anything in terms of "coloring" the sound. If you have excellent speakers, the Dac is more than capable of revealing what they have to offer. I have spent my time with plenty of Dacs and components in general to know that this is indeed a top notch product. That it is so cheap is quite special, of course, but that it is so good should not be any indication of price because one could stick this into a fancy case and put their fancy manufacturer brand name on it and people would think it's well worth whatever $$$$$ they charge for it. All in all, I really fancy JP's work, his perspective/point of view, and hope others enjoy this dandy of a Dac as much as I have.

I don't want to intrude on the group buy with my comments, but I have been extremely impressed with the sound of this board. I know JP mentioned that others seeking USB might be interested in the ODAC, and of course we have many others to choose from out there. My thoughts, to keep it simple, this Dac is extremely good to the point that while ODAC has all sorts of measurements this/that, and it may be good, I would find it hard to believe it to be better or even as good. This is an extremely competent Dac that from top to bottom does everything exceptionally well. Imaging/soundstage is also very balanced. I'd have to say the sound is overall, "balanced", which to me, is what I would need in anything front end wise, let alone speaker wise. So those seeking some kind of "sound", I don't quite hear anything in terms of "coloring" the sound. If you have excellent speakers, the Dac is more than capable of revealing what they have to offer. I have spent my time with plenty of Dacs and components in general to know that this is indeed a top notch product. That it is so cheap is quite special, of course, but that it is so good should not be any indication of price because one could stick this into a fancy case and put their fancy manufacturer brand name on it and people would think it's well worth whatever $$$$$ they charge for it. All in all, I really fancy JP's work, his perspective/point of view, and hope others enjoy this dandy of a Dac as much as I have.

Kuddos JP and Subbu. I have heard that this was a very capable DAC and it seems you guys have done a good job.:cheers:

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
This thread is the "ES9023 / WM8804 S/PDIF DAC Group Buy" thread. We try to support standard configs. Any non standard item is on your own risk/knowledge/experience. You can not possibly expect us to support any other config and also know the outcome !

We are by no means experts in this but we do have some experience. We are not extraordinary people with divine golden fingers and unlimited knowledge with a fully equipped help desk that provides 24/7 support to customers. It is a DIY enterprise...No guaranteed outcome, no warranty, nothing. We provide much wanted PCBs for an equally hard to get chip....Anyway, we are not the meanest guys on earth either so we patiently read posts and do our best.

All we can promise is that it works and that is sounds good when you build it in standard config. Please open another new thread when you receive the board(s) and start modding it if you feel the need for that. Personally I don't think anything needs to be changed and I modded almost everything I have till now.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
100 mV ripple & noise..... LM723 has 2.5 uV noise ..... which is kind of a very large difference.

Too cheap is not good enough, it is also a switcher...... Why waste a good DAC with a bad power supply ? Trust me, you want a good linear power supply.

A 3V transformer + bridge + 4700 uF cap + series resistor or coil +4700 uF cap maybe will do a better job (no regulation though) ;)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.