• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ES9023 I2S Input DAC incl. JG Filter Buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a note of caution for anyone purchasing Daniel's board from Mini Dsp. I ordered one 6 weeks ago. Mini dsp could not fill the order. They handed the shipping off to Daniel and the end result is I never received the board. Cancelled the order yesterday and PayPal is trying to retrieve my payment. SO, bottom line is Daniel's board might be great, but fulfillment is a train wreck. Buyer beware.

Sorry to hear that and may be that was due to some matching issue and heard from Daniel that it has been resolved and production resumed. I placed order on 19th and received my board on the 22nd without any problem, may be quicker since I also live in HK. I hooked it up to the Amanero Combo348 and pogoplug, everything working fine on first shot. Good sound stage and sounded very detail and quiet, will let it burn in for few more days. I feel this 40$ is well spent. Also thanks for Daniel's nice work.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Just a note of caution for anyone purchasing Daniel's board from Mini Dsp. I ordered one 6 weeks ago. Mini dsp could not fill the order. They handed the shipping off to Daniel and the end result is I never received the board. Cancelled the order yesterday and PayPal is trying to retrieve my payment. SO, bottom line is Daniel's board might be great, but fulfillment is a train wreck. Buyer beware.

I can fully understand you're worrying about the DAC not yet beeing delivered!

However just want to mention that the DAC was already shipped on Nov. 5th, just one day after I was asked to do so!
According to the tracking it is currently (since Nov. 8th) still beeing processed by the US customs. Not sure why it takes so long as the customs declaration was clear and identical to others that have been delivered much faster.

The order came in one day before miniDSP decided to stop shipping due to DC offset issue. As soon miniDSP realized it would take some more time to fix the issue they asked me to ship one board which I offered them before.

Now the matching procedure has been adjusted and the DC offset test is integrated into the QC test routine that every single board goes through. Boards are on stock and will be delivered within a few days.

I am really sorry that some customers had to wait quite long or had some DC offset problems however please do not generalize this. All customers that received one board from the first batch will get a new (second ;)) board when they get in tough with miniDSP. I wouldn't call this bad service...

regards, Daniel

Power supply I am using for the dac

4d863fcc-1d40-4d86-98b2-a62c45caa2f1_zps9cc29bbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Group buy

Dear all,

I have been asked by several persons about a potential curryman DAC group buy for Germany/Europe. To be honest I currently don't have the time needed to organize such a group buy, however according to my latest information DACs are on stock and maybe someone else wants to organize a group buy ;)
I could help out regarding the communication with miniDSP.

kind regards, Daniel

I think I would do that, because I am so desperate! :D, but I am busy with exams till beginning of february.
But before I am considering to initiate the GB I need some informations regarding parts like Transformers and PSUs you would recommend and maybe other parts which would be good to get for connecting it to eg. a Amanero Board.

Dont nail me on that. I ve done some big GBs and they are a lot of work and are consuming a lot of free time. Need to see how big this will be. When I am not getting a different I2S DAC till mid Feb then the curryman DAC should be my choice!

I will contact you Daniel for further informations.

So, happy new year to ya all and keep the fingers crossed. If someone is going to organize the GB beforehand I'll not have anything against it! :) ..

Thanks and greetings from Tschöhrmäni!
Ron

I've been told that audiophonics.fr in France would sell it soon. No info on the price yet but shipping should be more interesting (and mostly avoid customs fees issues in the EU). They already have a lot of the minidsp line , usually at about 1$=1€ costs (or a bit less).

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Paul,

I just ordered some protoboards for first tests. I expect to get them within the next week. When they work fine they will be tested by miniDSP, however currently there are no concrete plans about miniDSP selling those boards.

I can provide some bare boards (ordered 10 pcs.) to interested people (they should be able to hand solder TSSOP + 0603 SMP parts ;)).

kind regards, Daniel

Hi Daniel, hope you don't mind me asking this here...

Your miniSharc add-on board, do you have any news regarding potential on-sale date? Don't know what your plans for the board are, bare-board only or fully built & sold through miniDSP?

Looking forward to finding out more.

Regards,

Paul

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Yes, this combi works really well. Would you mind posting some pictures of your setup?

BTW: I made a small adapter board for the RPi with isolated I2S outputs (U.FL and pin header). Gonna receive and test the board within the next two weeks :)

@all: I have a few ES9013 ICs left. If anyone needs an IC just send me a PN.

kind regards, Daniel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.