ES9018 I2C controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
do you guys have history? you're just making a dick of yourself ds23man... :rolleyes:

I thought Corpius was pretty open about using modified versions of some public code, you know.... open source/free? in fact afaik the major authors have mostly already all contributed to this very thread already. you are clear on this concept of open source repositories? as I understood it this project was mostly about putting all the hardware and software in the one place...

Last edited:
do you guys have history? you're just making a dick of yourself ds23man... :rolleyes:

I thought Corpius was pretty open about using modified versions of some public code, you know.... open source/free? in fact afaik the major authors have mostly already all contributed to this very thread already. you are clear on this concept of open source repositories? as I understood it this project was mostly about putting all the hardware and software in the one place...

Please reread post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/221559-es9018-i2c-controller-5.html#post3204992

The Ir learning "code" is looking the same as implemented in the LCDuino.....

Please reread post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/221559-es9018-i2c-controller-5.html#post3204992

The Ir learning "code" is looking the same as implemented in the LCDuino.....
Don't draw any conclusions when you have not seen the code.

Linuxworks is not sharing the code and I never asked him to, so I have to write it myself. Which I happen to like doing.
I'm using Ken Shirriff his IR remote library for this and use this code to write the codes to the EEPROM.

EDIT:Besides, the function for devices to learn IR codes is seen in many devices, so nothing special about it

Last edited:
this has been covered and linuxworks (who wrote the code) has been posting in this thread, afaik its public domain whether they like it or not.... but its good manners to respect his wishes, in return i'm sure his feedback will be an asset at some point in the development.

with simple things like the IR learn I would think there are only a limited number of logical ways to do it anyway, so its bound to share some similarity no matter what you do

Long radio silence, I know. I've been very busy with all kind of different things, but also a little bit with the controller. Most of the PCB designing have been done, but I need to do some (more) breadboard prototyping in order to know all works like I want it to. I have been struggling a with the remote learning function when working with all the different RC protocols. I'm still not fully satisfied, but I'll get there.
I included a temperature sensor to the PCB, but I don't know if I want to keep it there. Perhaps it's best to have a outbreak with the sensor.
The LT1086 low dropout voltage regulator and a resettable fuse have also been included into the design .

I will post some more details and some pics soon when I find some more time to work on it.

Almost there. I added a DIP switch to allow manual control over stereo/dual mono and volume control on/off. I have to do a few more tests (wish I had some more spare time), but I will order the first PCBs for the prototype this week for sure.

Here are some pics as promised. Also a pic from the RTC function that shows the actual time and date when stand-by mode is entered.

Attachments

• CE644_front_small.JPG
    CE644_front_small.JPG
    381.1 KB · Views: 303
  • CE644_back_small.JPG
    CE644_back_small.JPG
    235 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_8509_smallest.JPG
    IMG_8509_smallest.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 296
That is great. It looks flawless. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
I guess you stuck to using the i2c extender for the display connection after all?
I`ll update the model later on. I think I will get the controller this week. It somehow took more than 2 weeks for it to go from HK to Norway. By this rate I will get your new controller finished before I get the remaining items for the shield lol.
I will stick to local suppliers from now on I think.

That is great. It looks flawless. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
I guess you stuck to using the i2c extender for the display connection after all?
I`ll update the model later on. I think I will get the controller this week. It somehow took more than 2 weeks for it to go from HK to Norway. By this rate I will get your new controller finished before I get the remaining items for the shield lol.
I will stick to local suppliers from now on I think.
When I order some parts from HK it always takes two weeks or more. Luckily I do order most parts at a local shop. :)
The i2c extender. For now I´ll stick to using the extender from electroFUN, but in my final design I´ll incorporate a small IO extender to the design and use it in a similar way as the extender from E-Fun. The only difference will be the connections to the LCD. I will add a row of connectors that line up with the LCD's connectors. In my opinion this is the best way to connect the LCD to the controller.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.