EQ1616D Phono Amp

Hello,

Today I became aware of this website and the phono preamp. It looks very interesting to go with my Bob’s Devices Sky 40 SUT. I need to do a little more research before ordering.

I think I read in earlier threads that PayPal could be used for the purchase, is this correct? Also, how or where do I go to place an order? I live near Los Angeles, California, so is there an approximate cost for shipping?

Hi Victor,

The assembled SV-EQ1616D phono equalizer and the Cossor WE274B rectifier tube both arrived this morning via DHL. I popped in two Gold Lion 12ax7s and a RCA 12au7 I had on hand. I swapped out a 3-pin power cable. I used two Sonab speakers as a temporary stand. My speakers are vintage KEF 104/2, the preamp is a Luxman CL350 using AUX2 and my amp is an integrated Willsenton R8.
I have a VPI Scout 1.1 TT with a Dynavector 20x2 LOMC going through my Bob’s Devices Sky 40 SUT into the Sun Valley. What a nice looking phono preamp and heavy too.
I’ve played Quincy Jones/Walking in Space, some Mozart, Jim Croce and now Simon & Garfunkel/Wednesday Morning, 3AM.

I’m REALLY, REALLY happy with this phono preamp! Great bass, instrument an voice detail, violins, guitars all sound terrific.

Now I need to finish sanding my new 3-shelf stereo rack and apply a finish.

In closing, hats off to Sun Valley and a BIG THANK YOU to Victor for making this happen!

Attachments

• IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    526.2 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: 1 user