Enclosure For My Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I have the Dayton DATS V2 and can say it is very accurate and super fast and easy to use. It doubles as LCR meter to measure caps, coils, resistors. You need some modeling clay and a gram scale to do the added mass method for Vas. I use Dow silicone dilitant (aka silly putty) as the putty. It is non staining and non greasy so doesn't damage fragile cones made of untreated paper/wood etc.

It also allows impedance sweep measurements. I have found this to be an indispensable tool.

Just realised that TS is from Sri Lanka :)
If you are unable to get specialized tools you will still need some to measure the drivers.
At least those are Sinusoidal generator with amplifier, good voltmeter & some more.
Try to Google "Tiele & Small measurements".
this, for example: chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/http://www.mh-audio.nl/downloads/read-measuring-tsp.pdf
But it is not an easy deal :)

hi i have purchased the same subwoofer from Pakistan.

After i purchased four subwoofer i search on google about it and i found some information from aliexpress.com. it says its 4 ohm with rms power of 60watt and peak power is 180 waat.dimension the front diameter of the horn is 188mm,the horn height is 100mm,the diameter of is 95mm,the diameter of the voice coil is 30mm and the opening is 155.May be this information leads to proper enclosure box.If any one build enclosure please send me detail about it and also sound quality.

May be this information leads to proper enclosure box.

Unfortunately, no. At the very least, the driver's Fs is required and preferably its Vas, Qts [T/S specs] also. Note that if only Fs is available, then the default size box will be very large, so may require being 'shrunk' internally till you find the point where its bass sounds good.

Please post the correct link to your drivers.

GM

Last edited:
7-3/8 woofer by LG. 4 ohms/180 watts. Mechanical Parameters: Fs=50.0 hertz, Qms=4.600, Vas=0.391 cu.ft, Cms=0.045 in/lb, Mms=1.396 oz, Rms=6.058lbs/sec, Xmax=0.138 in, Sd=27.3 sq. in. Electrical Parameters: Qes=0.984, Re=3.5 ohms, Le=0.6mH, Z=4.0 ohms, BL=6.6 N/A, Pe=1800 watts. Single Driver Vented Box Parameters: Vb=1.522 cu.ft, Fb=26.8 hertz, F3=23.6 hertz, Fill=normal, Ports=1 (round), Dv=1.60 in, Lv=3.37 in. These are heavy duty, quality speakers.

FWIW, none of these LG numbers are a valid parts replacement according to this site: LG USA Parts: Find LG Replacement Parts for LG Products | LG USA

GM

edit: interesting that the LG Indian site's support doesn't even list a parts replacement option: LG Support India: Customer Service and Technical Support | LG India

BTW, LG does not make drivers for the US market, hence why you cannot find them on the above mentioned USA site. I think they no longer make them, and these are new surplus, which might explain why they don't show up on other LG sites. Though apparently from what I've found, they are very popular among the car audio "foreign" market (referring to almost everywhere, except North America). Found them in classified ads from Argentina, Panama, Africa, and China. LGZ40 refers to the series, they LGZ40/60/80; what tells them apart is the P/N which starts with EAB. The small number at the bottom refers to it's serial number, and still trying to figure out what the "U" nomenclature means.

Last edited:
After i purchased four subwoofer i search on google about it and i found some information from aliexpress.com. it says its 4 ohm with rms power of 60watt and peak power is 180 waat.dimension the front diameter of the horn is 188mm,the horn height is 100mm,the diameter of is 95mm,the diameter of the voice coil is 30mm and the opening is 155.May be this information leads to proper enclosure box.If any one build enclosure please send me detail about it and also sound quality.

hqDFsw66djyEAOw==
This is the enclosure for LG 7.5inch Woofer
hqDFsw66djyEAOw==

Attachments

• LG 7.5 INCH Woofer.JPG
    LG 7.5 INCH Woofer.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 82
hi these parameters for lg 7.5 inch subwoofer model number lgz40 ???

7-3/8 woofer by LG. 4 ohms/180 watts. Mechanical Parameters: Fs=50.0 hertz, Qms=4.600, Vas=0.391 cu.ft, Cms=0.045 in/lb, Mms=1.396 oz, Rms=6.058lbs/sec, Xmax=0.138 in, Sd=27.3 sq. in. Electrical Parameters: Qes=0.984, Re=3.5 ohms, Le=0.6mH, Z=4.0 ohms, BL=6.6 N/A, Pe=1800 watts. Single Driver Vented Box Parameters: Vb=1.522 cu.ft, Fb=26.8 hertz, F3=23.6 hertz, Fill=normal, Ports=1 (round), Dv=1.60 in, Lv=3.37 in. These are heavy duty, quality speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.