EnABL - Technical discussion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A clear indication that you have no idea what the people who hear a difference (those multitudes suffering from a so-called mass hallucination) are hearing.

This is not a problem that you can take a hammer to.

dave
I understand it quite well, thank you. You missed out on my point, that being that the magnitude of change is orders of magnitude higher since it is easily seen in the measurements of the various tests made. The changes made are not a mystery, are obvious in the standard measurements and primarily shift resonances around. Your statement simply serves to maintain an as-yet-unexplained "mystery" that doesn't exist. There may be some shifting of the linear distortion products as well, but I suspect not in a way to be significant given that the linear distortion present in the treated drivers (as in continued radically non-flat frequency response) remains with its consequent influence on the individual distortion products.

You also seem to forget that I have, many times, stated that a treated driver will show a change in FR and may indeed be audible. If you recall, I was, I believe, the first one to point out an obvious change demonstrated in the earliest measurements that were being described as showing no change, yet with some unexplained "improvement". The mass delusion has nothing to do with change in response, it's in the claims of both the supposed physics that described that changes and in the area of room mode control (a farce by any standard), hand-waving claims of "linearizing" the response and elimination of things which some now say need to tested 40+ db down and others.

Dave

Last edited:
I believe they're in business because they believe it's legit - not the other way around. These guys are talented enough to make money a variety of ways. The fact that they've spent countless hours explaining how to DIY and offer their services for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't want to do it ourselves says a lot about their integrity IMO.

DLR, you are wasting your breath trying to convince those that are in the BUSINESS of making money off of Enabl. Of course they will defend it as legit.
I have before said and will say again that I do not doubt that a perceivable change occurs when a driver is modified, but not when any immobile part is modified (phase plugs, ports, etc.). I take no issue with that, the measurements made show changes that are well within the range of noticeable change. The fantasy part is in the area of things such as room mode control (as has been claimed), box edges, etc., apart from the physics of the driver itself, a separate issue.

Dave

Last edited:
DLR, you are wasting your breath trying to convince those that are in the BUSINESS of making money off of Enabl. Of course they will defend it as legit.

So these people are intentionally deceiving the unsuspecting for financial gain? You're a real treat, do you know that? I don't know about other people, but it sure sounds like you're calling them Liars and Cheats that are intentionally ripping people off.

Last edited:

What a goldmine EnABL has become for its' creator......a small handful of bits of rubber....a dab of Superglue. Seems to me a virtually non-existent "parts cost", no intense engineering required, no outside nor "inside" machining required, transportation costs................Sounds familiar to the Pet Rock from years ago. One trip to a mountain stream & a truck-full of well worn river-rock..........an extremely low "parts" acquisition.
As in both examples, it is the marketing that is the most important. Counting on the full-ranger fanatics intrepid belief of the "superiority" of FR drivers......we have the target market....well 'brainwashed' already.....Like shooting fish in a barrel.

_____________________________________________________Rick..............

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You're forgetting the amount of time to do the work...

Which should include all of the practise needed to achieve a product worth selling.

I would have to more than double the amount of surcharge over stock to get the (relatively small) amount i get paid for doing work for my clients in non-audio disciplines. I do it for the love of the hobby.

dave

Giving away your knowledge and expertise is a curious way to create a goldmine. Everything you need to know to enable your own speakers is contained in this thread given FREELY by those who have spent many many hours developing it, including patterns for specific drivers that can be downloaded FOR FREE! Yes, they will enable your speakers for a fee if that's what you want but given the amount of time it takes and the amount of time that was spent to develop the skill to do the fine work produced, it is IMO a very reasonable charge and certainly no get rich plan. Some people!

Technically, I think what should be done is, except comparing a raw driver with an “enabled” one, to compare the second one with another that has been treated with the same amount of material (paint?) in the same circumference but with a radically different pattern (perhaps with just a few straight lines). Perhaps next week I will be able to perform such experimentation, trying to measure what is happening bellow the -30dB barrier (I have a feeling that if differences are to be found, it is there that they will most likely manifest themselves). Btw, is Blanco eraser a suggested substance for this treatment?

no no no no Tux, we don't have to know anything, we just splash some stuff on a speaker, club one of the conveniently circling sycophants into temporary stupidity and pass off our 1st grade art work as the very height of invention, class, social mobility, and coolth....way better than broccoli. Lots more money and we don't have to deal with digging in the dirt either.

Bud

thalis,

If you are actually interested in looking into this, please come over to this thread.

EnABL - Listening impressions & techniques - diyAudio

We will teach you how to do the very best job we know how to do and even treat you like an adult we have respect for. Then you can go off on any and all tangents you like, though you should probably be aware of this one too.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/100399-enabl-processes-226.html#post1427403 large blocks and dots applied

Be happy to discuss whatever you want to discuss.

Bud

thalis,

If you are actually interested in looking into this, please come over to this thread.

EnABL - Listening impressions & techniques - diyAudio

** Listening impressions***???? How about **Parameter changes and measurements***
But that wont happen..........My *Impression* is that this is pure snake oil..........but to measure, I would have to hack into someones bank account.

-------------------------------------------------------------Rick.........

We will teach you how to do the very best job we know how to do and even treat you like an adult we have respect for. Then you can go off on any and all tangents you like, though you should probably be aware of this one too.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/multi-way/100399-enabl-processes-226.html#post1427403 large blocks and dots applied

Be happy to discuss whatever you want to discuss.

Bud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.