ELEKIT TU-8900 2A3/300B (Stereophile Review Available NOW - July 2023 Edition)

Hi Victor.

Sometimes when I start my 8900, the right led diode lights up red. And if I shut down for some time and then start-up again, it works ok. (I tried to switch the tubes, to see if the left-one would be red but no)

What can I check?

btw, did someone download the 8900 manual? because I tried to download it using the JAN and LOT number and it tells me it does not exist... So if someone can share the manual with me, thanks a lot.

Hi Victor.

Sometimes when I start my 8900, the right led diode lights up red. And if I shut down for some time and then start-up again, it works ok. (I tried to switch the tubes, to see if the left-one would be red but no)

What can I check?

btw, did someone download the 8900 manual? because I tried to download it using the JAN and LOT number and it tells me it does not exist... So if someone can share the manual with me, thanks a lot.
When you get the red light, you should check your voltages. That should narrow down your search.

Interested in a TU-8900 and have been planning my system around one. Speaker choice seems to be the potential got yah, I need a fairly narrow front baffle and do not have space to undertake a complete DIY speaker. The speaker that I am considering is the GR XStatic, and I am wondering how difficult a load this would be?

The X-Static speakers reportedly have a 91dB sensitivity. That's a little low for the TU-8900, but if you listen at moderate levels it should be fine.
Sensitivity I get, its the impedance and phase angles that I don't. Even if I go with a speaker that's 94 dB that only gains me 3 dB which is equivalent to doubling power or a fairly slight increase in volume.

Avoid XStatics. I use to own a pair and they are Highly overrated.
Would you give me more details, as you know a lot of people really love these speakers? What did you replace/compare them with? What system did you have connected? What didn't you care for? Currently I'm running Revel F226Be speakers, I have always liked the voicing and performance of Revel, this is the 3rd pair that I have owned. That being said they are not my dream speaker, of course I can't afford any of my dream speakers, but I'd like to get closer ;)

Would you give me more details, as you know a lot of people really love these speakers? What did you replace/compare them with? What system did you have connected? What didn't you care for? Currently I'm running Revel F226Be speakers, I have always liked the voicing and performance of Revel, this is the 3rd pair that I have owned. That being said they are not my dream speaker, of course I can't afford any of my dream speakers, but I'd like to get closer ;)
XStatics look nice with a lot of internet hype, but the drivers are not capable of high resolution, and they look better than they sound. This is after trying tubes, solid state, class D, etc. I've gone to mostly custom/DIY speakers since, involving compression drivers in horns, ribbons/AMT, fully active.