ELEKIT TU-8850 SE KT170 SET AMP

Hello Victor, All,
I've just received my TU-8850VK and TU-8550 kits this week.
I unfortunately didn't order from you, Victor, but from a European dealer to avoid customs fees as I'm living in France.
I follow with interest this thread and the discussions on the TU-8850 upgrade, but I can't find any information on PTC101/102 (PTC201/202). Did someone change these PTC by resistors? I don't like this type of component in the signal path, what is their behavior?
Thanks a lot for your comments.
Olivier

I have trouble driving my speakers with 8w 300b and 10w PSE EL84 - plenty of volume, but the frequency response is hollow/lacking beneath the mid range and in bass.

TU-8850VK with KT170 sounds like a jolly good option, but how do I know if the extra current/power will be enough? What I do know is that my speakers, NSMT Model 100, work great with 50watts of 805 tube amp, but I'm not sure about the range in-between 10w and 50w.

Thanks

That's what I thought, but it seems to have an impedance dip which my existing 8w 300b and 10w PSE EL84 just don't like (it can go bonkers loud, but bass region is hollow unless I use a 50w 805 amp) - I'd jump on TU-8850VK, but I'm worried I'd have the same result and not enough current. I only listen at ~80dB.

I note that 9W (triode KT170/HIGH mode) probably isn't so different from 300b in terms of its ability to drive low impedances?

KT tube is not warm
In my PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP integrated (night shot), the KT-170's are warm, mid-range spooky and what a bass slam. It's about the design and voicing.

PMKT170a.jpeg