Electronics World Magazine have lost the plot..!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeh, it is just not worth doing magazine articles. They just pay a small amount of money at best and there is no recurring income. They can help you with career development or if you wish to be seen as expert in a particular topic. However you must contribute regularly for that to be effective. I would say manufacture the item for sale, or provide it in kit form. That way you stand a chance of getting a regular income from all your efforts.

Slightly OT .....

Another magazine in the UK, "HiFi World", has also lost the plot and gone the way of all the rest.

It started out with good construction items but now it's the same stuff month after month.
The letters have gone the same way, too. Now, they're all ..."I have the Sony XYZ and want to know if the Sony XYZZ is better ""

I have stopped my subscription which I had since day zero.

Andy

Yes, I don't buy HiFi World all that often now. It used to have a good pull-out DIY section. Then the DIY was incorporated, then DIY almost disappeared. Their in-house DIY kit arm seems to have gone bust and been placed under new management twice.

HFW now seems to be following the well-worn path to snake-oil tweakery. One good thing is that they still have a monthly attack on DAB radio!

I remember WW/EW going through its "quack physics" phase, when almost every month there would be an article or letter about Catt or Essen or some other person with a private view of reality. At least then this stuff was balanced by some good engineering too.

Yeah, late '70s, early 80s. I was in grad school then and found it all incredibly entertaining. WW was tricky and expensive to get over here, but worth it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.