Eico 666 (satan's choice) tube tester help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 666 that was terribly neglected and covered in moisture funk. All switch tips missing, abused meter, grid control burned out and apparantly the H/K leak test lever was never wired correctly! After much TLC it now works great. The only issue the meter. The needle has been bent and re-straightened and the movement is finicky and not very reliable despite all efforts to adjust, clean, etc. So desiring to have a reliable tester and not willing to pay $150 for a new meter, I bought a beautiful 667 for $120 shipped. This thing is immaculate and functions perfectly! So I'm browsing the Eico tube tester listings today and to my amazement there is an original meter for a 666 with a buy it now price of $20 and $5 shipping! It looks very clean and the buyer claims it is in good functioning condition. I snatched it right away. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I got the new meter today and its perfect! Dated 1959 on the back! Before removing the old meter however I was able to adjust it, calibrate it and it is actually working quite well. I decided to put it on ebay. Though it is in only fair condition I think someone who needs one will be stoked to have it. It does work and the graphic I have reproduced is beautiful. I have described it pretty thoroughly. Check it out.
EICO 666 TUBE TESTER PANEL METER - ORIG VINTAGE RARE!!! - eBay (item 260650100421 end time Sep-11-10 17:45:23 PDT)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.